Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Says 'Body Shots' Key to Getting Win Over Josh Taylor; Credits Taylor For Surviving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
    Lopez was the better man that night. Taylor got beat by Caterall and hadn't fought in 16 months. Anyone that know anything about boxing knows that no fighter looks great after that long out of the ring, that isn't belittling Teo, it is just a fact. And Taylor was coming off a loss where he got a gift (undeserved) win.

I like Lopez as a fighter. But this win is a bit of fools gold. And I believe Teo knows it well. He bounces back, looks good and wins it all....then suddenly, he is retiring? Maybe he will come back, but mentally there are issues with the guy obviously. He could have held on to the belt for a few months to see if he could have made big money. His actions lead me to believe that the pressure from his dad, taking care of his family, his divorce situation....he seems mentally broke and I don't blame him for wanting out from under the pressure.

But Teo knows better than we do, he fought a weak and lessened version of Taylor, right place right time thing, and he gets to retire with the lineal title. His heart doesn't seem to be in the game anymore as far as really wanting to challenge really dangerous guys.
    Spot on, I think you are right

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Taylor tried to make excuses like Teofimo did when Teo lost to curious George but people like you are too dam smart for that. Amiright or amiright.
      Except that in Teo’s case it was widely reported how sick he was in the Kambozo fight, even by a reputed doctor. And he almost still won, dropped his @ss, something Haney couldn’t do in 24 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
        Lopez was the better man that night. Taylor got beat by Caterall and hadn't fought in 16 months. Anyone that know anything about boxing knows that no fighter looks great after that long out of the ring, that isn't belittling Teo, it is just a fact. And Taylor was coming off a loss where he got a gift (undeserved) win.

I like Lopez as a fighter. But this win is a bit of fools gold. And I believe Teo knows it well. He bounces back, looks good and wins it all....then suddenly, he is retiring? Maybe he will come back, but mentally there are issues with the guy obviously. He could have held on to the belt for a few months to see if he could have made big money. His actions lead me to believe that the pressure from his dad, taking care of his family, his divorce situation....he seems mentally broke and I don't blame him for wanting out from under the pressure.

But Teo knows better than we do, he fought a weak and lessened version of Taylor, right place right time thing, and he gets to retire with the lineal title. His heart doesn't seem to be in the game anymore as far as really wanting to challenge really dangerous guys.
        I wonder where were all the people that now say Taylor was ‘diminished’ and ‘unmotivated’ BEFORE the fight. I certainly never read or heard such a thing. Something would certainly been out there if that was the case. Vegas odds don’t mess around.

Teofimo beat the crap out of Taylor, period. Stop excuses and revisionist history.

Comment

Teo was just too fast for Taylor. Taylor kept running into counters and just had no answer for Teo's athleticism. I was impressed that Teo didn't fade like in the Loma fight. If Teo gets his conditioning right and his mind right he's a tough fight for anyone until he gets older and loses some of that natural speed and explosiveness.

He's a lot like Roy Jones was. He wins with his physical gifts. Opponents get tentative and shell shocked by his power and speed.

Comment

Working...
          X