Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some all time great boxers who had bad stamina ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murders everyone in boxing history with better gas tank.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXZ8X3TuyTJ0qEQdhhjLvDXVOYmqIG50zAMg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      Mike Tyson after the 4th or 5th round
      Mike Tyson always ALWAYS fought hard until he was beaten 'Even when by his standards he was in under-par condition'.

Fatigue never beat Mike Tyson, his opponents beat him.

It is a complete myth that Mike Tyson had bad stamina 'His fights vs Razor Ruddock II, I think proved this'.

Could Mike Tyson fight at a intense pace? Yes 'For as long as he is in the fight, he is coming at you'.

Fighters with bad stamina, are extremely reluctant to fight at a pace 'You can see this trait with a fighter like Alvarez, especially these days'.

I honestly think, a fighter will really struggle to become a all-time great fighter with bad stamina.

Canelo Alvarez has under-par stamina, but is it drastically bad? I don't quite think so.

Alvarez's stamina is satisfactory. The only issue with that is, at elite level 'Most fighters have world level stamina'.

Note: So my honest answer to the thread question is? I don't think there are ANY all time great fighters with drastically bad stamina. Under-par stamina yes, but bad stamina? No.

Bad stamina is when that specific attribute IS the one reason why they lose fights. A fighter like David Price has lost fights because of his stamina, and once upon a time 'Wladimir Kiltschko did'.

Interesting the way Wladimir Kiltschko as he progressed in his career, improved his stamina 'After his lost to Lamon Brewster, I personally don't think that attribute ever lost him a fight'.

Compared to many active Heavyweights today, Wladimir Kiltschko's stamina was solid 'He seemed very aware of how to manage a pace of a fight, and maintain his technique'.

David Price was a fighter who I supported. And I have honestly never seen a fighter in recent years with worst stamina. I think David Price would have the beating of many Heavyweights active today 'If he had the stamina of even Anthony Joshua' etc.

WillieWild114 WillieWild114 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
        Oscar DeLahoya ran out of gas in many of his big fights.
        That's when he was in his 30s. He had pretty good stamina when he was in his 20s and early 30s.

Comment

I'd go with Mike Tyson & young George Foreman

Comment

Working...
          X