Collapse
No announcement yet.

MORRELL JR vs BENAVIDEZ IN OCTOBER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great fight. Hopefully it happens if Canelo or Bivol don't fight Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post
      Probably fake news as Team Benavidez is waiting for the Canelo offer.
      I read that they are moving on from Canelo since they did not respond to their offer.

Also, not sure that's how this works. Pretty sure Canelo's team would be the one offering the fight, not David's.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

I read that they are moving on from Canelo since they did not respond to their offer.

Also, not sure that's how this works. Pretty sure Canelo's team would be the one offering the fight, not David's.
        They offered canelos team 50m but they never responded. I think canelo is fighting jack next and I read a few reports on this fight being legit too. I got benevidez, who u got?

Comment

I believe it's some truth in it both trainers want the fight next. Canelo is dodging both and knows hell get 50m for Charlo as well for a lot less risk no one wants to fight Andrade cause he doesn't sell at all even has rebids where is like 1/5 of original offers. He did it to himself though I can see Canelo taking him on next. Andrade should fight Caleb plant on the undercard of Morrell jr vs Benavidez if happens

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post

They offered canelos team 50m but they never responded. I think canelo is fighting jack next and I read a few reports on this fight being legit too. I got benevidez, who u got?
            Morrell jr @ 168. The winner of this fight is who Canelo has to beat to be considered the best it should sell so maybe 300k ppv. These people have to build there name for Canelo to risk it. He can get 50m for Charlo at less risk coming of a layoff. This fight will build then when Canelo takes hell make 75n vs there 25m even if it's in Saudi

Comment

Jack for cruiserweight belt? Canelo and team are some sly dogs lol.

I have to watch some more tape on Morrell. Benavidez is good for the sport but I don't rate him as highly as some.
              Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

$50 million? I heard it was $50 billion. Morrell will win

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Jack for cruiserweight belt? Canelo and team are some sly dogs lol.

I have to watch some more tape on Morrell. Benavidez is good for the sport but I don't rate him as highly as some.
                  Morrell is good but untested. I like benevidez. He seems like he's learned from his mistakes when he was younger and he honestly wants all that smoke from everyone. Morrell taking the fight that everyone else is ducking says a lot about him too tho. I'm rooting for Benny but I wouldn't b upset if morrell won. The jack fight isn't official just supposedly in talks, but it lines up perfectly with the canelo method so I wouldn't b surprised at all if it does happen. It could definitely backfire tho, jack is tough as hell and canelo will b even slower at that weight. It's a smart move business wise, but there's way better fights out there for him.

Comment

I don't believe this fight happens next at all but if it does...

It's a bit of a pick em fight this one..is Morrell better than Plant? You would say he is more naturally talented going by the eye test and comes from Cuban stock which usually means they are pretty slick when needed but no one has any idea if Morrell can take what Benavidez dishes out and not be broken down

If I had to pick I'm gonna go for Morrell I always back fighters who have more to their game where as Benavidez seems more one dimensional
                    Last edited by davef; 06-10-2023, 11:16 AM.

Comment

This would be a great fight.

Morrell in his last bout put on the most impressive boxer-puncher performance I can remember seeing in a long time. All the skills and technique of the Cuban school but also punching viciously, with bad intentions. If all Cubans learned to fight that way they would be everybody’s favorite style. Instead of being seen as one of the most boring (Erislandy Lara, Rigondeaux.)

Comment

Working...
                      X