Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor, Teofimo Lopez Make Weight; Jamaine Ortiz Overweight, Scratched From Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor, Teofimo Lopez Make Weight; Jamaine Ortiz Overweight, Scratched From Undercard

Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez were kept completely apart again Friday after they made weight at Madison Square Garden. Taylor talked trash and pointed at his head to indicate that he is mentally stronger than Lopez. A calmer Lopez looked directly at Taylor from across the stage, but the former unified lightweight champion didn't say anything to his opponent before they went their separate ways.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully Humberto still gets compensated. A shame he should miss a payday due to Jamaines lack of discipline. Would he have missed weight if they gave him the shakur or Davis fight?

Comment

What makes this fight interesting is that Taylor has been out of the ring for a while, I'm sure rust will be there, how much? I guess we will find out....
      Superbee Superbee Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

Somehow Lopez avoided a face off with Taylor the entire lead-up. Never seen it before. Such cowardice.

Comment

I like how Lopez was fully locked in no trash talk while Taylor looked anxious and figity.

Comment

Its a different ball game at 140 after boxing guys that are significantly smaller than you in weight and reach (loma, kambo).... Josh is gona whoop dat azzz (same will happen to big azz Haney)
            Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 06-09-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Jamaine has just ruined any hype and buzz he gained from his close fight against Loma.
              MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Stripped naked for the first try .... Oh boy! .. would it have been a blast if Teo failed weight...

Comment

I don't think Josh was such a twat before the hinges came off against Catterall , this pair may both be on the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                    Jamaine has just ruined any hype and buzz he gained from his close fight against Loma.
                    This. I wanted to see him against anybody besides loma. Cant even make weight? Not a good look for a supposedly hungry young fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X