No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Talented Mr. Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
    Teofimo Lopez has been active against world class competition in that same time.
    But actively losing though.

You never know, but this would be more of an argument for tszyu vs charlo. Active and winning vs inactive.
    Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 06-08-2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
      Lopez has been boxing with his ego, not his skill lately. If he can pull his head out and realize he's not some juggernaut, and he actually has to use his skills and be defensively responsible, he'll have a better chance. I've thought this whole time that people hugely overrated him from his gimme win over Loma, but the raw talent is there. If he got a real trainer instead of his delusional pops, and dropped the ego and came willing to work, I think he could be the fighter he thought he was. But I'm not sure that he has the ability to do that any more, if he ever did. The bravado persona is such an essential part of his self-identity after all.

He's been a lot more prone to those shift hooks since then, winging wild punches all over the place and sometimes missing wildly. He over relies on the Philly shell but doesn't use it properly defensively, which is why he's been knocked down by everyone except Campa, who he should have gotten out of there easily. He's been popping out in a straight line, and leaving his head on the line when he punches. Lots of basic mistakes that he was better about before, although he's only had a handful of fights at top level, so it's hard to say whether he slipped, or if this was always the level he operated at.

It's a shame, because if he could harness that talent and put work ethic and boxing IQ behind it, he really could be one of the best of the generation.
      Best comment on the site tonight

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post

Put Martin in there with anyone else at 140 including Taylor and he’ll make them look bad, he’s a good sneaky fighter. Taylor arguably did worse in his last fight. Taylor is a bit of a smoke screen imo. Prograis is overrated, a very basic predictable fighter who will keep getting outboxed. And Ramirez was ****ing Taylor all over the ring before he snuck in an uppercut in the clinch when Ramirez thought the ref was separating them.
        Still doesn't change the fact that teo isbon a worse run and in a new weight-class. It's your money though...

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

Not sure I’d call Campa world class and he did rubbish against Martin which doesn’t bode well as Taylor is also Southpaw. Taylor didn’t lose any belts in the ring. Lopez is going through a messy divorce. Taylor has been less active that’s it.
          He went from Undisputed to a loser in the court of public opinion. That hurts, I don't care who you are. Teo is a mess, but having listen to him talk I would imagine he is used to it at this point whereas Josh seems out of his element to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

But actively losing though.

You never know, but this would be more of an argument for tszyu vs charlo. Active and winning vs inactive.
            Yes it is and that scares me. Jermell is my boy, he has put in plenty of work over the years.

Comment

Working...
            X