No announcement yet.

6 Things That MAYWEATHER did RIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
    For argument sake, If Cotto vs Pacquiao does just a bit less on PPV than Mayweather vs Marquez but is a much better fight all around, does that mean that people will not remember Pac vs Cotto or would it be considered a failure?

And if so, to whom?
    The author has one opinion, and mine is a bit different.

If Cotto-Pac does 900K, that is a fine number and the winner (if Pac) has a strong position at the bargaining table. If Firepower does 675K, then Team Money can bully Top Rank.

The excitement of the fight will have less (much less) impact. I will respectfully remind you NOT to think like a hardcore fan. Margarito-Cotto was a scintillating fight. And Shane Mosley is a known commodity. Yet, Mosley-Margarito was never going to be a blockbuster. Right?

I think it's telling that Bob Arum has been quiet as a church mouse since "Numero Uno" numbers came out...and Mike Marley reports that Arum is already conceding that Floyd is a draw and TR is willing to have pay parity.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
      what r you talking about. how did beating a blown up old featherweight strengthen his case in negotiations. with or without that fight he wants a bigger piece. he could have fought pac straight away but he took the easier option. the story of his career.
      Castro,

Two questions:

1. Why would Pac want a version of Floyd who had been inactive for 2 years? Wouldn't he want to fight the best version of PBF?

2. If Pac-JMM are largely even, how was JMM the easier option How does one know?

Comment

Working...
      X