Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly Floors Steven Butler Three Times, Earns KO in Two To Defend WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Must be why triple duck just dropped his belt to avoid Lara…again..lmao. One weight world champion who never even took risks in his own division. He hid in europe till the division was barren and tried to call out cotto and Martinez at the end of their illustrious careers when he could’ve fought Pavlik Taylor Martinez Williams true 154/160 lbr fighters. He showed up crushing cans calling out cotto and Martinez who were done at that point. Then ducked every fight after that from ward to Lara to charlo the man has not ONE elite win on his resume and only one elite opponent. He’s not a HOF worthy fighter
    It is impossible to deny that GGG will eventually be inducted into the Hall of Fame considering the lowered standards for admission in recent times. I disagree with your statement about Golovkin ducking opponents because he is the type of fighter who is willing to fight anyone, anytime. However, during that period, his management chose to wait for fights that were less risky and more financially lucrative, instead of taking chances. Moreover, at that time, a Ward vs GGG fight was not a major crossover bout, so they decided to wait for the winner of Cotto and Canelo instead. About the Lara fight, he made the correct choice rather than keeping the belts inactive like Charlo. Regarding the issue of GGG ducking Pavlik, it should be noted that he was under the management of Universum Promotional company, which was rapidly losing its grip. As they were unable to arrange fights with prominent opponents and were limited to gymnasium bookings. Although a Jermain Taylor vs GGG fight would be intriguing, Golovkin is as talented as Pavlik, so he will eventually catch up to Taylor regardless. In regards to the Marvilla fight, Golovkin was never considered a mandatory challenger to Sergio, and Maravilla had more lucrative options available to him. In fact, the WBC had been arranging the Cotto fight since 2013, with the ultimate goal of having the winner face off against Canelo. Given these circumstances, it would have been foolish for Sergio to fight Golovkin and potentially jeopardize his Cotto payday. Are you certain about Paul Williams? Golovkin would easily defeat him and send him packing with no chance of return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post

It is impossible to deny that GGG will eventually be inducted into the Hall of Fame considering the lowered standards for admission in recent times. I disagree with your statement about Golovkin ducking opponents because he is the type of fighter who is willing to fight anyone, anytime. However, during that period, his management chose to wait for fights that were less risky and more financially lucrative, instead of taking chances. Moreover, at that time, a Ward vs GGG fight was not a major crossover bout, so they decided to wait for the winner of Cotto and Canelo instead. About the Lara fight, he made the correct choice rather than keeping the belts inactive like Charlo. Regarding the issue of GGG ducking Pavlik, it should be noted that he was under the management of Universum Promotional company, which was rapidly losing its grip. As they were unable to arrange fights with prominent opponents and were limited to gymnasium bookings. Although a Jermain Taylor vs GGG fight would be intriguing, Golovkin is as talented as Pavlik, so he will eventually catch up to Taylor regardless. In regards to the Marvilla fight, Golovkin was never considered a mandatory challenger to Sergio, and Maravilla had more lucrative options available to him. In fact, the WBC had been arranging the Cotto fight since 2013, with the ultimate goal of having the winner face off against Canelo. Given these circumstances, it would have been foolish for Sergio to fight Golovkin and potentially jeopardize his Cotto payday. Are you certain about Paul Williams? Golovkin would easily defeat him and send him packing with no chance of return.

Pwill was a nightmare for everyone at the time. Maravilla was a bit of a late bloomer but his dismantling of Williams could only be done by a fleet footed southpaw one hitter lol. At that time I would take Taylor Pavlik hopkins maravilla pwill all over bumlovkin. All those guys in their primes would beat everyone 154/160 today. I rate prime pav very highly if Martinez didn’t cut him badly kelly wouldn’t have lost that fight

Comment

• Incredible to see that the unwarranted hate for GGG persists after all these years. Now I remember why I abandoned this site years ago, I guess my hope that things had perhaps changed was totally in vain. Oh well, no point in looking for decent discussions around here I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X