Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Paints His Hometown Red

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get not being a Canelo fan. People like who they like. But a hater? I'm sorry, I find that difficult to understand. The guy's been fighting since he was a teenager, and clearly loves the sport. The dude learned English to be able to converse with more fans. He regularly challenges himself, as he did with Mayweather, GGG, and Bivol. Although Ryder won't go down in history as a hall of famer, he was a mandatory, and far from a light touch.

Canelo has a definite confidence, such as you would expect from any high level fighter, but he's never appeared to be an arrogant braggart. He takes his losses like a man, and comes back swinging.

So, I just don't get it. Canelo is a special fighter in that when he's up, it's not just a fight, it's an *event. He's always in shape. He's never given up. He wins most of the time, and a lot of it in very fan friendly fashion. People are going to miss him when he's gone, and it'd be nice if for once, boxing fans would just appreciate what they have while they have it.

But what do I know. I've only been watching boxing for over 30 years.

Comment

Canelo won the fight, but John Ryder fought his heart out, and made Canelo super uncomfortable in the latter round's.
      Canelo actually looked like he didn't want to be in that type of fight, like I said in those latter round's which Ryder won.
      It was a damn good fight put on by both of these fighter's, they deserve a standing (rousing) round of applause for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X