Devin Haney vs. Gervonta Davis at 135lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Haney vs. Gervonta Davis at 135lbs

Devin "The Dream" Haney vs. Gervonta "Tank" Davis at 135lbs Lightweight

No catchweights, no rehydration clauses; nothing. As long you make the weight 135lbs on weigh-in day and you can come in on any weight on fight night.

Who wins, why and how?

It's an intriguing match up for sure, but many (including myself) thinks Haney outboxes Davis to a point decision.

The only con is Devin Haney's chin and would he be able to fold under pressure against Tank's power is my concern, because Jorge Linares hit Haney with a shot that wobbled him, imagine if it was Tank's punch that connected?

What do you think?

I have Tank by decapitation.

Comment

Haney too big too skilled. He Will keep tank at bay with the jab from the outside and tank will have to force himself inside to try to win some rounds or land anything. Will get held and turned and reset all night long. Haney UD.

Comment

Haney by murder and it will not even be competitive.

Comment

That's the frustrating thing about Tank because I'd love to see this fight and I think Tank wins it by KO, but we won't get to see it. Neither will we see Tank versus Shakur.

I like Tank but I hate how his promoters have ran his career. It's almost like there are two separate lightweight divisions, one with Tank and one with everyone else. He's good enough to be the guy at 135lbs right now and leave a real legacy, but his promoters won't take that chance.

Comment

Tank by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
              That's the frustrating thing about Tank because I'd love to see this fight and I think Tank wins it by KO, but we won't get to see it. Neither will we see Tank versus Shakur.

I like Tank but I hate how his promoters have ran his career. It's almost like there are two separate lightweight divisions, one with Tank and one with everyone else. He's good enough to be the guy at 135lbs right now and leave a real legacy, but his promoters won't take that chance.
              I can understand where you are coming from. I've been told, PBC and Al Haymon are difficult to work with and are always wanting to be the A side with their promotional work.

It's no surprise, promoters are always going to clash because Boxing is a business overall. Yeah, it truly sucks for the sport.

Unlike the UFC organization for example, the best are forced to face the best because they are under one promotion banner - which makes fights very easy to get made.
              Last edited by Quiksilva; 04-24-2023, 02:19 AM.
              dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post

Tank is to blame, if he wanted those fights he could get them. He is a great fighter there is no denying but I need to see him in with a top guy. I feel someone like Haney with his speed and Word class jab will give him a lot to think about. His output per round will have to improve plus I have a feeling Tank will get countered a lot which we are not used to seeing. Though he has the equaliser

Comment

Loma does the Booty Dew.

Comment

I am rooting for my son Tank, but I think it would be a mistake to make the fight. Devin Haney is way too big

Comment

Working...
                    X