Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shakur Stevenson is still 'eye test'. He and Ryan should square up. That'll tell us a lot about both guys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakur Stevenson is still 'eye test'. He and Ryan should square up. That'll tell us a lot about both guys.

There you've got Shakur, who isn't afraid to exchange, is defensively brilliant but doesn't have one-punch power going against this guy Ryan who "all he has is a hook".

On paper, Shakur should iwde decision Ryan after dropping him at least twice and losing no rounds.

But Shakur has yet to be really hit flush by a strong puncher - we don't know if he can take it as good as he gives it. Question is, would Ryan even be able to hit the dude?

To me, that's a good next eliminator fight - if we're trying to say that it's Tank/Shakur/Haney/Garcia at this point (I don't).

but shakur is labelled a generational talent, cryin is a tiktoker

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
      but shakur is labelled a generational talent, cryin is a tiktoker
      Which makes it compelling. Does Ryan land that hook and Shakur goes to sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Which makes it compelling. Does Ryan land that hook and Shakur goes to sleep?
        i wouldnt put any money on cryin in a big fight, he talks about retirement and skips his warm up fights etc, all red flags
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

i wouldnt put any money on cryin in a big fight, he talks about retirement and skips his warm up fights etc, all red flags
          Okay, so you're saying that even if Don King managed to book Broner vs. Ryan at 140, you'd STILL not bet on Ryan?

Comment

Okay, so you're saying that even if Don King managed to book Broner vs. Ryan at 140, you'd STILL not bet on Ryan?
            lol not quite

i dont think broner is even a pro boxer anymore, he looks pregnant every time i see a pic of him

canelo hurt cryins feelings when he said he didnt train right but cryin knew it was true so he threw a hissy fit and ran off

Comment

lol not quite

i dont think broner is even a pro boxer anymore, he looks pregnant every time i see a pic of him

canelo hurt cryins feelings when he said he didnt train right but cryin knew it was true so he threw a hissy fit and ran off
              Okay, but he showed up in shape against Santiago. He's always in shape come fight night. He just doesn't let his hands go.

SO...now I'm really curious.

Who do you bet on?

Broner - who wouldn't let his hands go all night long?

Or Ryan, who has no defense?

Because at 140, that's a realistic fight that could be made if Don King wants to throw money at "The Problem" especially since Ryan is off a loss and Broner needs someone who can draw money. There's no PBC in the equation, so theoretically that fight is possible. And if Ryan managed to beat Broner that's a huge rebound win, because Broner is still in his early 30's (unbelievably) and still has defensive skill.

Comment

Okay, but he showed up in shape against Santiago. He's always in shape come fight night. He just doesn't let his hands go.

SO...now I'm really curious.

Who do you bet on?

Broner - who wouldn't let his hands go all night long?

Or Ryan, who has no defense?

Because at 140, that's a realistic fight that could be made if Don King wants to throw money at "The Problem" especially since Ryan is off a loss and Broner needs someone who can draw money. There's no PBC in the equation, so theoretically that fight is possible. And if Ryan managed to beat Broner that's a huge rebound win, because Broner is still in his early 30's (unbelievably) and still has defensive skill.
                i wouldnt even watch it, more of an exhibition than anything really
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X