Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Top 135 lbs boxer would have knock out zombie garcia.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Top 135 lbs boxer would have knock out zombie garcia.

Garcia was so weak because he was severely drained and add the rehydration clause he's like a walking zombie in the fight and i'm sure every top 135 lbs boxer would have knock him out much earlier than round 7.

I agree but no 136 pound boxer would have beaten him!

Comment

Originally posted by EmpiresBoxing View Post
      Garcia was so weak because he was severely drained and add the rehydration clause he's like a walking zombie in the fight and i'm sure every top 135 lbs boxer would have knock him out much earlier than round 7.
      I can see his punch resistance being low but imo he fought the wrong fight with that kind of height and reach Tank should have been eating jabs coming in all night
      MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

I think the big gap in skill level was the real reason

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Strategy as well

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Strategy as well
            And draining your opponent isn't part of the strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              There definitely was a gap but it was MADE far more apparent by Ryan agreeing to fight at 136 with a REHYDRATION LIMIT CLAUSE. I would have preferred to see a fair fight at 140. Personally I feel tank would have STILL won but I feel as it was. We as boxing fans got RIPPED OFF, cause I know for sure Ryan DIDNT get short changed.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

There definitely was a gap but it was MADE far more apparent by Ryan agreeing to fight at 136 with a REHYDRATION LIMIT CLAUSE. I would have preferred to see a fair fight at 140. Personally I feel tank would have STILL won but I feel as it was. We as boxing fans got RIPPED OFF, cause I know for sure Ryan DIDNT get short changed.
                But tank has never fought at 140...oh wait he will fight there against a bum but not Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

But tank has never fought at 140...oh wait he will fight there against a bum but not Garcia.
                  Wrong again douchebag. Look up Barrios fight.
                  Toprope Toprope likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

And draining your opponent isn't part of the strategy?
                    Yes but the benefit of weakening a bigger guy normally happens down the stretch. Can't find that 2nd wind in the championship rounds.

Garcia still had a height/reach advantage that he didn't use properly from the jump imo Tank was able to break him down early hence the early stoppage.

The Mayweathers understand this better than anybody look at Oscar Hatton even Zab Judah Floyd wasn't really doing much until after those guys ran out of gas.
                    Last edited by djtmal; 04-23-2023, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X