Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia - Nearly Erupt at Weigh-In, Promise War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
    I'm rooting for Garcia. He's looking drained which is normal but the problem is the rehydration weight limit. Probably Tank will be pretty comfortable at 146 lbs but for a tall guy like Ryan it will be a problem after a few rounds.

I think Tank stops Garcia with a big counter which is very predictable since Ryan fights tall, stiff and he leaves his head unguarded when he is throwing punches.

Anyway, this is more likely a big cash in for Ry, which is fine. At least he'll get paid very well. But if Garcia somehow pulls the trigger and beats Tank, then it will be a very good win.

In a more relistic manner I think this is a very big money cherrypick for Tank and his handlers. Garcia has a very good hype but he lacks of boxing fundamentals and skills. Of course if Tank will ktfo Garcia then Tank's profile will be huge in terms of marketing and hype. Very clever way of doing business and money.. Smoke and mirrors.​
    Hedging your bet I see. Davis wins, you'll give him no credit, Garcia wins you'll act like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

I hope that Ryan can rehydrate well, in the hours after the second weigh-in.

It should be a good one, not sure if it'll be a great fight, but credit to the two for stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by EmpiresBoxing View Post

Yes you can clearly see that he's severely drained. I'm betting on davis to win a knockout in the first round against a walking dead garcia.
        if this is "severely drained", I'd love to hear your take on Spence at weigh-ins.

Comment

I see zero point what is this fight taking place at catchweight.

What will the winner do? Try do drain 140 guys down to a catchweight?

Haney and Lomachenko fight at lightweight, not at catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            CW fights have been around long before Ryan vs Tank and will be around long after we are in the dirt.

Everyone's #3ATG is considered king of the CWs.
            Tank’s side demanded more than just a catchweight though.

They also forced a rehydration clause on top of it AND a weigh-in time later in the day so that Ryan has less time to replenish fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Tank’s side demanded more than just a catchweight though.

They also forced a rehydration clause on top of it AND a weigh-in time later in the day so that Ryan has less time to replenish fluids.
              Can't really ''force'' anything on a boxer.
              It sucks that a CW was needed but how else was this fight going to get made ?

Comment

Can't really ''force'' anything on a boxer.
                It sucks that a CW was needed but how else was this fight going to get made ?
                If Ryan didn’t accept the CW…AND the rehydration clause…AND the later weigh-in time…then there would be no fight.

All credit to him for being willing to take these unfavorable terms in order to make it happen. He could easily earn a good living by fighting some more cherry-picked opponents instead.

Comment

cryin just needs to survive the first 6 rounds as he will continue to rehydrate right throughout the fight & by round 7 will surely be at optimal weight at approx 156.2 IBS, so as soon as the weighin is complete, just hit the hydrate button on the side of his head and off he goes

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

If Ryan didn’t accept the CW…AND the rehydration clause…AND the later weigh-in time…then there would be no fight.

All credit to him for being willing to take these unfavorable terms in order to make it happen. He could easily earn a good living by fighting some more cherry-picked opponents instead.
                    Again, how else do fights like this get made ?

Let's say you're Tank....make the fight with Ryan.

Comment

Most of them are

Promote, promote, promote.
                      They will hug it out after the fight (unless one of them is unconscious).
                      They are probably told or have learned that animosity sells tickets. Seems like all the PPV fights all have that element...more than a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X