Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko vs Maskaev or Johnson Next For December?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko vs Maskaev or Johnson Next For December?

He may be older, at age 38, than his younger brother at age 33, but doesn't stop WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko from being a very active fighter. He stopped mandatory Juan Carlos Gomez in nine rounds in March, then last weekend he stopped unbeaten Chris Arreola after ten, and now Vitali looks to return on the tentative date of December 12 in Germany. [details]

I think Vitali will stop both of them. Vitali is really making up for lost time.

Comment

vitali vs david tua...i rather see this..but tua's too short thats the only reason...

Comment

Both easy wins with no impact on legacy whatsoever.

Comment

It's good to see Vitali staying active. 3 fights in 1 year, that's unheard of for many top fighters! I would prefer him to fight Johnson as because of his size it gives him more of a chance. Maskaev would be murdered by Vitali. I don't see Johnson coming close either but would rather see him fight Johnson than Maskaev.

Comment

I like how busy Vitali is. If Maskaev got the chance I'm afraid he'd die in there against Vitali. I'm serious though, really Maskaev shouldn't fight Vitali. Johnson has slim chance of winning, but that' the best that can be said of most heavyweights against Vitali. I'd rather see Chambers in there with Vitali than with Wladimir, but that's not going to happen. So bring on Johnson and see if the kid can actually fight and then we'll go from there. But this ambitious schedule is good for Vitali, us fans, and the division. But if he does keep it up, there will be few guys for his brother to defend the heavyweight title against.

Comment

if kevin is chosen he'd prob end up pulling outta the fight ... since that seems to be a habit with him ...

Comment

He could probably take em both out in one night

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  He may be older, at age 38, than his younger brother at age 33, but doesn't stop WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko from being a very active fighter. He stopped mandatory Juan Carlos Gomez in nine rounds in March, then last weekend he stopped unbeaten Chris Arreola after ten, and now Vitali looks to return on the tentative date of December 12 in Germany. [details]

Start with Johnson to warm up then Maskaev in the main event.
                  Last edited by Crazylegs77; 09-28-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Johnson is a better fight than ancient Maskaev but I'm still not a huge fan of the current practise of building up an undefeated record against nobodies and being given an undeserved shot at the title.

Kevin Johnson's best wins are over Devin Vargas and Bruce Seldon, which just about says it all. He hasn't taken on any contenders, neither did Arreola.

The contenders don't take on contenders, aside from Eddie Chambers, and that is a real problem in my opinion.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-28-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X