Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Mendoza: I Started Losing Rounds But I Didn't Care - I Never Quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brian Mendoza: I Started Losing Rounds But I Didn't Care - I Never Quit

Junior middleweight contender Brian Mendoza pulled off a big shocker on Saturday night, when he picked up a brutal knockout of previously unbeaten Sebastian Fundora in round seven to capture the interim-WBC super welterweight title at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got that one right i had a boxing hunch this would be the night that Fandora lost but i did not think it would turn out like this. I knew he had been touched harsh before in the ring but i thought it would be more of a knock down drag out bout on both sides of it. It was not so it was one sided and really i began to loose hope by Six damn roungs, then it happened the first shot was great but the follow up two were much better. Thing is this is boxing and if i thought i knew anything that was squashed when i watched the Yoshi So sure fight, man i had Yoshi winning that fight, i thought he would really challenge So Sure but not even close. That is boxing, that is how it is with me sometimes go over the top with a idea about a fighter and get it right once in a while. Hey as a fighter i liked the way Inferno did his interview after the fight. So it goes so it goes.

Comment

This fight shows you how boxing can be unpredictable. Sweet science they say.

Comment

What a bull**** artist Mendoza is, of course he cared that he was behind on the score card's.
        That said it is a testament to his will to win, and never say die attitude that he was able land those knockout blow's.

Comment

It was a lucky punch. He wasn’t looking when he landed it. He didn’t realize Fundora was hurt until he jumped back and looked up and saw him doing a chicken dance. It was the finish that was impressive. He calmly finished business without throwing crazy haymakers and missing, not allowing any recovery what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            I got that one right i had a boxing hunch this would be the night that Fandora lost but i did not think it would turn out like this. I knew he had been touched harsh before in the ring but i thought it would be more of a knock down drag out bout on both sides of it. It was not so it was one sided and really i began to loose hope by Six damn roungs, then it happened the first shot was great but the follow up two were much better. Thing is this is boxing and if i thought i knew anything that was squashed when i watched the Yoshi So sure fight, man i had Yoshi winning that fight, i thought he would really challenge So Sure but not even close. That is boxing, that is how it is with me sometimes go over the top with a idea about a fighter and get it right once in a while. Hey as a fighter i liked the way Inferno did his interview after the fight. So it goes so it goes.
            Get where you are coming from - with so many fights this weekend it was likely that there would be at least one upset - we got two with Tapales winning. If, I would have really sat down and done some serious thinking about who might cause the upset then Mendoza would have been at the top of the list as he is in form and Fundora, well, my theory is this- historically whenever you get somebody really tall or really short in a weight class - they can look good good a while but over the long run it doesn't work out - and he is ridiculously tall and doesn't even use his height advantage. Only Donaire has kind of broken that rule in recent years. Hind sight is 20:20 as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Get where you are coming from - with so many fights this weekend it was likely that there would be at least one upset - we got two with Tapales winning. If, I would have really sat down and done some serious thinking about who might cause the upset then Mendoza would have been at the top of the list as he is in form and Fundora, well, my theory is this- historically whenever you get somebody really tall or really short in a weight class - they can look good good a while but over the long run it doesn't work out - and he is ridiculously tall and doesn't even use his height advantage. Only Donaire has kind of broken that rule in recent years. Hind sight is 20:20 as they say.
              Yea my next prediction is that somebody is going to break those ribs of the inferno rip thru that lean body of his and really work him over. Not that i hate the guy but to get inside of a guy like that and those ribbs man alive do they always look like a opening. Lotta fights this weekend correct you are, if i did not know better i would have thought the promoters were tyring to set us up for some PPVs in the next few weeks ahhh the fight game. Not for me those PPVs but good luck to the fighters that are grabbing that so called PPV monies while it lasts.

Comment

Working...
              X