Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Joshua, Lomachenko, Benavidez-Plant, Stevenson, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Joshua, Lomachenko, Benavidez-Plant, Stevenson, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the recent performance by Anthony Joshua, David Benavidez vs. Caleb Plant, Vasiliy Lomachenko, the passing of Ken Buchanan, Shakur Stevenson, Beterbiev vs. Callum Smith, Saul ' Canelo' Alvarez, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“ I didn’t like the 7 week notice on a fight of such importance because if the fight is announced at the 7 week mark, then Vada has to start after, so that’s an issue for me. ​“

If you know, you know. A side guys like to use this strategy so they can 1. Dictate when they’re being tested and can safely cycle off and 2. They can prepare for a specific fighter while that fighter has less time to prepare because the A side knows they’ll take the fight under those conditions regardless.

Comment

I think I walked in to the complainers forum....

Comment

I stopped reading the mailbag where I was at, and came here to comment, right after the the Clark/Reese comment early on.

what bread said here is GENIUS!!!!! He’s right on every inch of it! I don’t even much particularly care for the sport myself. That’s just who I am. But every word spoken by breadman here is PERFECTION. He’s correct on all of It. I’m a faithful reader. And appreciate the time he puts in. But this comment about the women’s title game and the gestures…….. deadly accurate
        Last edited by Topdogggbm; 04-08-2023, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Everything he said about AJ is spot on and most of the rest he said about others, except Plant! He was DOMINATED. He won maybe 4 rounds, 5 if youre VERY GENEROUS. He only outlanded Benavidez in one round and by maybe 3 punches. Where was his plan A, B and C they said they had? They had no answers and pillow hands never hurt, stunned or even made Benavidez flinch.
          Last edited by El_Mero; 04-08-2023, 01:05 PM.
          Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            Everything he said about AJ is spot on and most of the rest he said about others, except Plant! He was DOMINATED. He won maybe 4 rounds, 5 if youre VERY GENEROUS. He only outlanded Benavidez in one round and by maybe 3 punches. Where was his plan A, B and C they said they had? They had no answers and pillow hands never hurt, stunned or even made Benavidez flinch.
            Yeah I agree about plant, he was knocked from pillar to post, and did very well to survive, can't fault breads loyalty though
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

Yeah I agree about plant, he was knocked from pillar to post, and did very well to survive, can't fault breads loyalty though
              No doubt about the loyalty
              Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

I disagree.

Plant no doubt won the 1st half of the fight.

That's why he was clowning and joking around.

It was at least 4-2 and possibly 5-1 going into the 2nd half of the fight.

Benavidez won the overwhelming majority of the 2nd half of the fight and would've gotten the stoppage if Bayless wasn't fxckin' around, but it definitely was not some huge blowout when Plant obviously won the 1st half of the fight with his "jab, jab, grab" Klitschkoesque strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

I disagree.

Plant no doubt won the 1st half of the fight.

That's why he was clowning and joking around.

It was at least 4-2 and possibly 5-1 going into the 2nd half of the fight.

Benavidez won the overwhelming majority of the 2nd half of the fight and would've gotten the stoppage if Bayless wasn't fxckin' around, but it definitely was not some huge blowout when Plant obviously won the 1st half of the fight with his "jab, jab, grab" Klitschkoesque strategy.
                  And I disagree. Plant looked scared duckin and runnin. He knew his ONLY chance was to trade here n there. He couldnt run forever. He didnt outland Benavidez the 1st half, regardless if you thought that. Numbers dont lie. He was tryin to press, but he was too passive. I scored it 4 rounds for Plant after 6 but barely. After that it was over. Broken face, Plant holdin on for dear life, Bayless callin a bs timeout during action HAPPENING which was bullshxt. In the end, Benavidez made a statement and Plant looked broken
                  Last edited by El_Mero; 04-09-2023, 08:25 PM.

Comment

And I disagree. Plant looked scared duckin and runnin. He knew his ONLY chance was to trade here n there. He couldnt run forever. He didnt outland Benavidez the 1st half, regardless if you thought that. Numbers dont lie. He was tryin to press, but he was too passive. I scored it 4 rounds for Plant after 6 but barely. After that it was over. Broken face, Plant holdin on for dear life, Bayless callin a bs timeout during action HAPPENING which was bullshxt. In the end, Benavidez made a statement and Plant looked broken
                    Nobody doubts Benavidez did all that shxt, but it was all in the 2nd half of the fight.

In the first half of the fight, he barely did anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X