Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez Grinds Hard in Camp For John Ryder Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post

Don’t agree with that. Their was definitely something very off and/or wrong with Canelo for the first fight against Bivol. And I’m not saying that because he lost or even saying he will win rematch. But I’ve never seen Canelo so physically underwhelming and he looked bloated, soft, with very little muscle tone (for him) leading up to fight. And you can’t say that about 175# division because he looked rock hard and ready against Kovalev. Canelo hinted at something went awry during his training camp in preparation for Bivol. Whether it was illness, vegan diet, injury or personal problems he would not specify. He’s much to proud to make excuses and I credit him for that.
    He was just 178 against Kovalev. He reached 183+ against Bivol.

New videos got released which prove he was one handed against Plant, Bivol and GGG. He was in pain during wearing gloves before fights.

Combinations, jabs, less weight and two healthy hands gives him a solid chance.

Bivol is solid MF tho. Beating him is truly great achievement.
    JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Don’t agree with that. Their was definitely something very off and/or wrong with Canelo for the first fight against Bivol. And I’m not saying that because he lost or even saying he will win rematch. But I’ve never seen Canelo so physically underwhelming and he looked bloated, soft, with very little muscle tone (for him) leading up to fight. And you can’t say that about 175# division because he looked rock hard and ready against Kovalev. Canelo hinted at something went awry during his training camp in preparation for Bivol. Whether it was illness, vegan diet, injury or personal problems he would not specify. He’s much to proud to make excuses and I credit him for that.
      He looked bad because Bivol made him look bad. If he would've done to Bivol what he did to Kovalev, nobody would say ****. But since he lost, people are ready to look to whatever as a reason why he performed the way he did. You know why he looked so exhausted against Bivol and not Kovalev? Bivol made him up the pace and throw 150 more punches. I think he looked less defined and weighed more on fight night against Kovalev.
      Last edited by AKAcronym; 04-06-2023, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Talk about being right up Canelo's backside! Excuses, excuses, that's all I'm hearing. How about admitting that Bivol was just too much for Canelo? Too big, too strong, too skilled. I'm willing to bet that Canelo will lose to Bivol if he fights him again. Just admit it that Canelo peaks out at LHW. Sure he can beat some contenders but he's not beating Bivol or Beterbiev.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Bringing business to his hometown and selling out a big soccer stadium. A true man of the people.
          JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post

He looked bad because Bivol made him look bad. If he would've done to Bivol what he did to Kovalev, nobody would say ****. But since he lost, people are ready to look to whatever as a reason why he performed the way he did. You know why he looked so exhausted against Bivol and not Kovalev? Bivol made him up the pace and throw 150 more punches. I think he looked less defined and weighed more on fight night against Kovalev.
            So you agree - he did look bad, he didn’t look like himself. I realize Bivol is a great fighter (top 5 P4P imo) but I stand by my opinion there was definitely an issue with Canelo beside Bivols great skills and gameplan. We will see if there is a difference in the rematch.

Comment

Canelo looks in great shape!!! Canelo is going to be ready for a huge fight and great performance in September!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

Talk about being right up Canelo's backside! Excuses, excuses, that's all I'm hearing. How about admitting that Bivol was just too much for Canelo? Too big, too strong, too skilled. I'm willing to bet that Canelo will lose to Bivol if he fights him again. Just admit it that Canelo peaks out at LHW. Sure he can beat some contenders but he's not beating Bivol or Beterbiev.
                Up Canelos backside - I see your preferences there and to each his own. I admit Bivol was too much for Canelo on that night, but also IMO as you already seen Canelo was definable compromised by some illness, ailment or personal problem going into that fight. Maybe Canelo does peak out at LHW. He dominated more divisions than almost anyone in boxing. Not bad huh.

Comment

So you agree - he did look bad, he didn’t look like himself. I realize Bivol is a great fighter (top 5 P4P imo) but I stand by my opinion there was definitely an issue with Canelo beside Bivols great skills and gameplan. We will see if there is a difference in the rematch.
                  Yeah he looked bad in the sense that Bivol made him look that way. Blaming golf, training, wrist, diet etc is all an excuse. If he had won, none of those things would have been given second thought. He met a fighter who made his weaknesses the most apparent in quite some time. I also believe, and have been saying for sometime, that Canelo is on the slide. He's not a young 32 going on 33 and all the weight jumping is, I think, finally catching up with him.

Comment

It's also convenient how Canelo can throw his left hand hard on the heavy bag and mitts during several training camps, but suddenly it's an issue when he loses to Bivol and doesn't look as great as he should against a faded Golovkin. Weird how he winces when his hand gets wrapped but can go full throttle on multiple bags. Surely if it wasn't giving him any issues in his camps, then it shouldn't have been an issue during the actual fights. If it was that bad, there's no way they would let him keep damaging it.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Yea I miss combination punching canelo. This one shot at a time canelo won't cut it anymore.
                      Must be playing too much golf.

Comment

Working...
                      X