Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Aims For Quick Return: In 12 Weeks, I Go Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    People forgot Lennox Lewis was gunshy for a while
    Lennox is a top 3-5 HW all time don’t mention AJ in the same sentence as him that’s disrespectful. AJ is a paper champ that’s been exposed 3x.
    rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
      Shannon Briggs vs Joshua LETS GO CHAMP. Or how about let's bring Valuev out of retirement LOL
      I'd love to see David Price but he couldn't find his way to the arena

Comment

The real problem is that 3 months later is considered a quick return. in the world of boxing today.
        _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

The dramatic response to Joshua winning via unanimous decision vs a solid fighter in Franklin continues.

I would say, Whyte is a good match up for Joshua if he is going to fight so soon again i.e It is highly unlikely any of the super Top fighters will step forward to fight Joshua in this time frame.

For me Joshua just has to keep doing his thing, and stay fight night active 'The reason why I say fight night active, is because true inactivity for me is very rare'.

Especially for a fighter like Joshua. Because if you are in the gym training week in week out, I honestly don't class those fighters as inactive fighters.

Wladimir Kiltschko was never inactive after he lost to Fury 'Kiltschko endured 3 back to back training camps before the Joshua fight'.

Any real serious individual in boxing will understand that essentially, all the real work gets done in the gym.

Note: If the Whyte vs Joshua II fight is to be made, it will have to be now 'In reality both fighters are contenders and are once again, aspiring to fight their way back towards a title fight. It is definitely a good fight to make, it also has a story and theme etc.

Comment

If Joshua fights in 12 weeks then the Hearn/Joshua thing is a complete scam. Who’s he going to fight? The winner of Taylor v Cameron? I heard Joshua was in talks to have a leading role in the remake of The Wizard of Oz, where he’ll play all three characters because he needs a brain, heart, and courage. Joshua is washed up and Hearn is trying to quickly use more DAZA money before DAZN sacks him for losing hundreds of millions of their money, which Hearn has been lining his pockets with.

Comment

12 weeks eh? He might be pushing it with his new trainer ... unless these fights are generating some huge paydays. Derrick James has a lot of hot fighters, who are needing to get busy again. Can he take care of his stable when AJ is wanting nearly exclusive time and attention to re-igniting his career?

Spence gotta fight ... Jermell Charlo ... Frank Martin ... it will be interesting. AJ may have to keep training and chill.

Comment

Ok, so AJ is keeping busy (in his own plodding way). Usyk was hit with Dubois as his mandatory almost the moment the dust settled after Fury ran away and hid. So where is the Gypsy Fraud's mandatory announcement?? Silence from the WBC 'World Bum Club'. Well it wont be anytime soon. The Gypsy Fraud has already booked to attend social gala events in the far East in the summer, so clearly no training camp was ever underway for an Usyk fight, nor is imminently anticipated for a new mandatory fight. Go add up the total time the Gypsy Fraud has held a belt without actually defending. It breaks all records, even those during wartime. He just plans to doss around eating pies, sniffing powder and mincing about in Versace Clown Suits until he's ready to announce a further Chisora bout with endless rematch clauses. What a legacy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                  Will Hearn be able to lure Audley Harrison out of retirement?
                  Nope. #bumsquad was the last one to do that after 27 pro fights, right after ducking a bout with Klitschko, with Malik publicly admitting he 'wasn't ready' for that calibre of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Punch_n_Judy View Post
                    Nope. #bumsquad was the last one to do that after 27 pro fights, right after ducking a bout with Klitschko, with Malik publicly admitting he 'wasn't ready' for that calibre of fighter.
                    LoL, Malik was NOT his trainer way back then. But regardless, there is nothing wrong in Boxing with an accurate self-assessment. If Wilder or Team Wilder felt he wasn't ready (at that time) then that's the correct course of action for a young, fairly inexperienced fighter. No shame in that. Ali jumping into championship fights so early in his career is NOT the norm, and generally NOT the smart thing to do.

Remember the first Sugar Ray vs Duran fight? Sugar Ray wasn't ready ... later he was.

Comment

If it's another slob like Franklin.....you can fight tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X