Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Tank-Garcia, Fury-Usyk, Benavidez-Plant, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Tank-Garcia, Fury-Usyk, Benavidez-Plant, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as David Benavidez vs. Caleb Plant, Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia, Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, Uysk's future options, Benavidez vs. Canelo, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Bread, Ryan should've taken that tune-up with Mercito Gesta!

Comment

I wonder if breadman has recovered from that arse whooping David Benavidez gave both him and his fighter lmao
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

interesting clinching is smart says bread

and why is bread making excuses for loma sayings hes old and over the hill i wonder

Comment

I've been watching a lot of fights from the 70s and 80s recently. The refs didn't let you hold, and if you did, they would take points away. Even a short fight like Hearns/Duran. The ref was on Duran and threatening to take a point away
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            I've been watching a lot of fights from the 70s and 80s recently. The refs didn't let you hold, and if you did, they would take points away. Even a short fight like Hearns/Duran. The ref was on Duran and threatening to take a point away
            And that's the way it should be. Want to see a HUGFEST go watch Tyson vs. Lewis. Tyson had NO chance...But Lewis and Klitz did it to wear down smaller boxers. Imagine having a 250 lb bag on your back. Try sparring a few rounds like that. It's CHEATING and 1 of the worst ways.
            wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
              I wonder if breadman has recovered from that arse whooping David Benavidez gave both him and his fighter lmao
              Don't think he has.He says the clinching wasn't excessive and is a "smart tactic" because "we just wanted to see Plant get knocked out" lol wtf?? EXCESSIVE holding is illegal and prohibits a fighter from executing further punches that potentially give that fighter a victory by KO. And in this case, had Bayless not allowed all that holding on top of calling a blatant "I gotta save plant" timeout midwawhen he got hurt, Benavidez wouldve won by KO. Then he says he thinks Caleb won 6 rounds.

I get it though,being Plants trainer he"ll never view or say things with complete objectivity,true for most trainer
              siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

The mailbag, to me, is lacking when no breakdown of fights on the weekend are done or mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Don't think he has.He says the clinching wasn't excessive and is a "smart tactic" because "we just wanted to see Plant get knocked out" lol wtf?? EXCESSIVE holding is illegal and prohibits a fighter from executing further punches that potentially give that fighter a victory by KO. And in this case, had Bayless not allowed all that holding on top of calling a blatant "I gotta save plant" timeout midwawhen he got hurt, Benavidez wouldve won by KO. Then he says he thinks Caleb won 6 rounds.

I get it though,being Plants trainer he"ll never view or say things with complete objectivity,true for most trainer
                  David did some of his best work during the clinches. Also, you can break a clinch and deny a clinch but people seem to ignore that part of the sport. It's all jockeying for position and advantage. Also, like damn near everything in boxing, the amount of allowable clinching is discretionary to the ref and Bayless has always been on the very lenient side of it.
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

David did some of his best work during the clinches. Also, you can break a clinch and deny a clinch but people seem to ignore that part of the sport. It's all jockeying for position and advantage. Also, like damn near everything in boxing, the amount of allowable clinching is discretionary to the ref and Bayless has always been on the very lenient side of it.
                    Ageee but no there's no denying Plant held egregiously here and coupled with Bayless's leniency towards it,affected the outcome of the fight. You couple that with his ridiculous "time out" midway through round 8 and it became clear, Bayless was playing favorites here.
                    Last edited by Sctrojan; 04-01-2023, 12:33 PM.
                    SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X