Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Haven't Spoken To McCracken, Unfortunately; That Whole Breakup Was Tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Haven't Spoken To McCracken, Unfortunately; That Whole Breakup Was Tough

Anthony Joshua spoke glowingly about Derrick James again during a press conference Wednesday in London. Joshua is certain that his recent change of scenery served him well while he prepared for his 12-round fight against Jermaine Franklin on Saturday night at O2 Arena. Working with James at the Dallas gym where one of boxing's most
    [Click Here To Read More]

No doubt people get hurt in these situations but that's the game ...when the fightings over as he says they will no doubt talk and be friends but until that time Joshua wants to make as much money as is possible , that he says is his main goal.....understandable, they are all the same.

Comment

AJ the problem is you wanted to bring your amateur trainer into the professional rankings smh Two very different things . And then you wanted to be pampered and told how good you were doing in training. Trainers are not baby sitters , they’re supposed to tell you were to better and what you’re doing wrong. Robert Garcia already exposed you as a child.

Comment

doesnt mean that one trainer is better than the other, just different styles & some things will work for some and not for others plus guys who change trainers and do better already have a good base from the last guy and just do a few things differently to make small improvements

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
          AJ the problem is you wanted to bring your amateur trainer into the professional rankings smh Two very different things . And then you wanted to be pampered and told how good you were doing in training. Trainers are not baby sitters , they’re supposed to tell you were to better and what you’re doing wrong. Robert Garcia already exposed you as a child.
          This whole comment just shows you don't know what you're talking about and don't like Joshua.

McCracken is a professional coach and took Froch to serious heights in the pro game before Joshua. Joshua and McCracken also became two-time and unified HW world champion, so they didn't do too bad.

Joshua is limited and has been exposed by his losses to Usyk especially, but the hate he gets is mad.

If you're gonna hate on people at least know your facts matey
          LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post

This whole comment just shows you don't know what you're talking about and don't like Joshua.

McCracken is a professional coach and took Froch to serious heights in the pro game before Joshua. Joshua and McCracken also became two-time and unified HW world champion, so they didn't do too bad.

Joshua is limited and has been exposed by his losses to Usyk especially, but the hate he gets is mad.

If you're gonna hate on people at least know your facts matey
            I’m not an AJ fan I dislike him as a fighter but you are spot on.McCracken wasn’t the problem he’s a good trainer. AJ needs a psychologist and new chin not a new trainer lol
            springfiels springfiels likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

I’m not an AJ fan I dislike him as a fighter but you are spot on.McCracken wasn’t the problem he’s a good trainer. AJ needs a psychologist and new chin not a new trainer lol
              I mean McCracken could be constantly heard shouting encouragement in the first Usyk fight while he kept shooting his tentative jab and missing so that doesnt look good on his part.

although I feel AJ has psychological issues where he wouldn’t respond to being read the riot act either

Comment

Most agreed with changing trainer at the time, did. Rob is an okay trainer but not tactician, not does he particularly rile is fighter up. The corner advice at times was so basic, telling him to keep doing the same even though it wasn't working.

There's an argument that Joshua has just lost that fire though. Depends, it's unclear how much previous trainers and people in his team lost McCracken encouraged him to get back to being aggressive.

Joshua seems keen on the science of boxing in recent years, and keen to box. That's all wrong for him and dissipated his aggression which was his best asset.

Chisora laid a blue print for roughing Usyk up, and AJ ignored that TWICE.

Comment

McCracken did a fine job with Joshua as long as it was. I think no one knows Joshua better as a fighter. I'd have kept him on staff and perhaps "added" these other guys into the mix somehow. You can learn new things from new trainers always. That doesn't mean there's anything amiss with the trainer you've had. It's like brainstorming. Good ideas, good observations, good strategies may come from surprising places (people) ... yet that doesn't diminish anyone else.

The Ruiz fight has had a profound effect on Anthony Joshua, as it would have on anyone else. Going forward from that has been a challenge for him.

No one is superman. Fights, blows, losses and wins affect everyone. The things Ali went through (good and bad, expected - not expected, etc.) and the way he took them all in stride attest to why he was great. Very few realize how deeply the fights, blows, wins and losses, fatigue, and injuries affected his psyche. The fact that he remained the "same Ali" is another revelation of how unique and strong he was, and why we called him great.

Comment

Working...
                  X