Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Believes Tony Harrison Has Regressed: "He Hasn't Been The Same Since He Fought Jermell"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a weak division full of average fighters with inconsistent performances. Hurd, Williams, Lara, Harrison, Castano, Lubin, Trout...

The guy on top avoided Lara who held a WBA belt for 2.5 years in the same PBC household. I could see why the 6 foot tall champ would rather skip meals and stay in this division, instead of moving up.

I'm not even sure if Castano or Harrison would beat Gausha or Lubin.
    Last edited by Bullrider; 03-31-2023, 03:17 PM.
    maguirre maguirre likes this.

Comment

He fought gun shy which means he's done!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        It's not only what Jermell did to him:

Ali Salaam, father and trainer of former champ Tony Harrison, dies of coronavirus
        April 20, 2020

Ali Salaam, the father and trainer of former WBC junior middleweight champion Tony Harrison, has died because of the coronavirus. He was 59. The Premier Boxing Champions confirmed the death of Salaam, who was a professional welterweight from 1984 to '89 and compiled a record of 11-7 with 5 KOs. The native of Detroit was the son of Henry Hank, a middleweight and light heavyweight contender who boxed from 1953 to 1972. Harrison, who was recently stopped in 11 rounds by Jermell Charlo in their rematch on Dec. 21, posted a message on his Instagram in honor of Salaam on Monday morning.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...es-coronavirus

R.I.P.!!!

Those are some thoughtful words brother Bronx2245, totally agree when you lose someone who is so important in your life, it has a devastating effect on you.
        I didn't take that into consideration, and then again I don't think I knew about the death of his father.
        That said the gist of my comment was that I didn't see Harrison win the first fight against Charlo, and Charlo was incensed that Harrison was given the decision.
        The second time around Charlo wasn't going to leave any stone unturned, and he didn't. He went after Harrison with a vengeance, and he got his revenge!
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X