Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Haney Fight My Last Chance At Undisputed Title, No Excuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Haney Fight My Last Chance At Undisputed Title, No Excuses

HOLLYWOOD, Calif - At the age of 35, Vasiliy Lomachenko is aware that he might never get another opportunity like the one that will be presented to him on May 20 when he challenges undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on ESPN+ pay-per-view.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You guys have seriously devalued the HOF status. HOF used to be reserved for guys who have proven themselves in tons of real battles. Now a guy who has lost 2 out of only 17 fights and didn't beat elite fighters at their prime is being associated with HOF. Norms are watered down in this era.

Comment

“Look, everybody forgets about preparation, and that Jamaine was [previously was] my sparring partner. We had a lot of rounds with him,” said Lomachenko. “He absolutely knew me very well. But it is what it is. I agreed to fight him. He's a very talented and fast boxer. I think Jamaine Ortiz will be a big problem for any fighter in our weight classes.” In the fight against Ortiz – his first since returning from the war in Ukraine – Lomachenko barely outlanded Ortiz 125 to 122.

Which is why no one is in a rush to fight Jamaine Ortiz!

Jamaine Ortiz Getting Impatient, Struggling To Secure Name Opponents
      https://www.boxingscene.com/jamaine-...onents--173096

Keyshawn Davis, Ray Muratalla, Floyd Schofield, Frank Martin, MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        “Look, everybody forgets about preparation, and that Jamaine was [previously was] my sparring partner. We had a lot of rounds with him,” said Lomachenko. “He absolutely knew me very well. But it is what it is. I agreed to fight him. He's a very talented and fast boxer. I think Jamaine Ortiz will be a big problem for any fighter in our weight classes.” In the fight against Ortiz – his first since returning from the war in Ukraine – Lomachenko barely outlanded Ortiz 125 to 122.

Which is why no one is in a rush to fight Jamaine Ortiz!

Jamaine Ortiz Getting Impatient, Struggling To Secure Name Opponents
        https://www.boxingscene.com/jamaine-...onents--173096

Keyshawn Davis, Ray Muratalla, Floyd Schofield, Frank Martin, MAN UP!

I agree, I hate when the favorite in a fight struggles and everyone points at the favorite for the poor performance. Rarely does "the other fighter" gets credit for high performance. Jamaine Ortiz is a hell of a talent, very underrated fighter

Comment

no excuses, finally, im delighted to hear this, could it possibly be true, a boxer with no excuses, its a rare event surely

btw, nice top rank girls, bob when hes enjoying his weed at night personally picks each one out

Comment

Big props to loma win or lose

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

I agree, I hate when the favorite in a fight struggles and everyone points at the favorite for the poor performance. Rarely does "the other fighter" gets credit for high performance. Jamaine Ortiz is a hell of a talent, very underrated fighter
              Exactly! It wasn't an off-night, the kid can fight! I just don't know if he has a promoter?

Comment

Loma looks and sounds like he’s in that zone
                I really would like for him to pull this off

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
                  You guys have seriously devalued the HOF status. HOF used to be reserved for guys who have proven themselves in tons of real battles. Now a guy who has lost 2 out of only 17 fights and didn't beat elite fighters at their prime is being associated with HOF. Norms are watered down in this era.
                  He's in the HOF based on his international/amateur record alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Exactly! It wasn't an off-night, the kid can fight! I just don't know if he has a promoter?
                    I think he's promoted by Top Rank. But after blowing out Jamal Herring and then losing a close fight to Loma, nobody is going to want to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X