Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo: Benavidez is Much Easier Than Bivol, Did You See What Canelo Did To Plant?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

Benavidez is going to get the sht beat out of him and then out-maneuvered when Canelo wants to take a breather before returning to beating him up. Or he’s going to get clipped and KO’d.

Canelo’s weakness is his feet, which Bivol & Mayweather (Golovkin to a degree also) compounded with a long range assault i.e Jabs and pokes before jumping out of range. Benavidez wont stress Canelo’s legs. And his style is to march forward into the inside where he can burst off a combo. He barely has an existent long-range game. Any decent boxer will stick him with a punch to put him off balance and spin out or light him up before moving out.

I’d hope Canelo puts a callout on Benavidez after Ryder to call the bluff. Benavidez is the only one in his team who wants that fight.

Just realizing the guys that have beaten Canelo thus far have some of the best footwork I’ve ever seen in boxing. Golovkin has that impeccably efficient and offensive footwork, Bivol is the perfectly balanced master, Mayweather the perfect defense. Benavidez’s footwork meanwhile is dogsht. Nvm the insane technical level of those guys. Benavidez is a pup with some natural instincts, but he’s no master or even close.
    Good analyses man.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Those facts.

7555.jpg
      Lmao these numbers are so inflated cmon man. U probably factoring in the plant fight. Where Caleb landed 56 punches over the last 7 rounds? He barely threw. Like I said his defense is his offense he overwhelms people. That won’t work against someone that can punch back with pop. If plant had a little more power he would’ve dropped benevidez several times. He was landing the left hook at will. David just didn’t respect his power. Let’s see him block morrel or canelos punches like that

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Lmao these numbers are so inflated cmon man. U probably factoring in the plant fight. Where Caleb landed 56 punches over the last 7 rounds? He barely threw. Like I said his defense is his offense he overwhelms people. That won’t work against someone that can punch back with pop. If plant had a little more power he would’ve dropped benevidez several times. He was landing the left hook at will. David just didn’t respect his power. Let’s see him block morrel or canelos punches like that
        You don't understand now percentages work lol. It does not matter if plant landed 56 punches or 10, this data is about percentage landed. Those punches you think Plant was landing at will were mostly blocked.

Comment

Working...
        X