Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko-Shakur Definitely Plan If Loma Wins; Not Sure Haney Will Stay At 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko-Shakur Definitely Plan If Loma Wins; Not Sure Haney Will Stay At 135

If Vasiliy Lomachenko knocks off Devin Haney on May 20, their promoter expects to match Lomachenko against Shakur Stevenson in his following fight. If the younger, unbeaten Haney wins, however, Bob Arum anticipates that Stevenson will fight someone other than
    [Click Here To Read More]

wont happen haney will school circusclownchenko then might even fight stevenson either way circus bum wont win more than 3 rounds overhyped bum schooled by salido and lopez already

Comment

“If Haney wins, I’m not sure whether Haney is gonna stay at 135. In fact, I sort of doubt it. He’s a big, big kid. I don’t know with that, so nature will take its course. But if Haney beats Lomachenko, I can see him transitioning to 140 for his next fight.” - Bob Arum

Then why didn't you honor his request Bob???

Haney, Concerned With Ramadan, At Odds With Top Rank Over Lomachenko Fight Date
      December 13, 2022

​In his tweets, Haney also suggested multiple times that Top Rank was favoring Lomachenko. The Ukrainian has been with Top Rank his entire professional career, while Haney linked up with the established Las Vegas firm earlier this year as part of a package deal to get the right to fight George Kambosos Jr. for the undisputed lightweight championship.

“These people want try to push my next fight with Loma to May… knowing the longer I stay at the weight the harder it is to make! Let’s do this **** in March!” Haney wrote.

“I literally told Top Rank I wanted to fight before Ramadan,” Haney wrote in another tweet.

Top Rank declined to comment.

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-co...t-date--171140

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        “If Haney wins, I’m not sure whether Haney is gonna stay at 135. In fact, I sort of doubt it. He’s a big, big kid. I don’t know with that, so nature will take its course. But if Haney beats Lomachenko, I can see him transitioning to 140 for his next fight.” - Bob Arum

Then why didn't you honor his request Bob???

Haney, Concerned With Ramadan, At Odds With Top Rank Over Lomachenko Fight Date
        December 13, 2022

​In his tweets, Haney also suggested multiple times that Top Rank was favoring Lomachenko. The Ukrainian has been with Top Rank his entire professional career, while Haney linked up with the established Las Vegas firm earlier this year as part of a package deal to get the right to fight George Kambosos Jr. for the undisputed lightweight championship.

“These people want try to push my next fight with Loma to May… knowing the longer I stay at the weight the harder it is to make! Let’s do this **** in March!” Haney wrote.

“I literally told Top Rank I wanted to fight before Ramadan,” Haney wrote in another tweet.

Top Rank declined to comment.

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-co...t-date--171140

Excuses already..
        brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

I would love to see Stevenson vs Haney
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I seriously doubt Loma will beat Haney.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post

Excuses already..
              Well, the article is from December! Bob said he knows he's a "Big Kid," so why didn't he honor his request? Haney already signed a contract to TR, then had to agree to fight Kambo in Australia TWICE, so why couldn't Bob look out for Haney's interests as well? Not to mention Loma accepted that fake ass "Franchise Belt" to swerve Haney, when Haney was his mandatory!

messi807 messi807 Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

so lomas fighting another guy whos bursting at the seams at the weight is it, teo was crying about he was too fat for his class too & he ended up on a breathing machine soon after, watch out haney lol!

Comment

I hate when Bob and everyone else that have no idea or control over what Haney does with his career after the Loma fight, tell everyone what he's probably going to do. Devin and his father have said that they are willing to stay at 135 until the end of the year if the right fights are made, and they are also looking at fights at 140, which means that they are looking for the most lucrative opportunities available. There are big fights in both divisions, Tank, Shakur, Ryan, Teo, Regis, and Ramirez for Haney, but the only people that should be saying what he's going to do is him and his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                    I hate when Bob and everyone else that have no idea or control over what Haney does with his career after the Loma fight,
                    is bob trying to sabotage haney like he did crawford? could it even end up in court i wonder

Comment

Working...
                    X