No announcement yet.

The best not fighting the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best not fighting the best

Man what do these new school boxers think?

When they see warriors like Caleb plant, David benevidez and el Canelo in the spotlight? Prizefighting: the best fighting the best. Look at plant, a made millionaire times over for showing MAD heart like round 12 of benevidez, he caused some ruckus with his words, but dang did it ever sell the fight! And David? The Mexican monster! Able to walk cats down with pressure and volume in a steady boxing pace ****ing with power. Then you got the number one guy, who will he fight next? Let's hope it's a round robin and gives benevidez the chance!!!

Albeit that aside, say you were a boxer? Imagine bud and or truth, does seeing these big fights bring forth the nerves and get the blood pumping like the theme song for Rocky? Or do they just say" yo eff dat, that stuff is easy yo" then go back to their menial careers against bums and journeymen? Like pun said "if you ain't in it for the spinach (money) then get the fruck out!". Or is it for the glory?

I mean do they breathe this stuff? Live and die for this stuff? Or become the anti thesis to a mediocre resume in all essentially BECAUSE guys like charlos don't fight for several years, dudes O's must not go type of problem.

The way Caleb plant fought in the 12th of benevidez fight was pure heart. He is now a bonafide gatekeeper or can go off in the sun gracefully, his choice, he deserves his flowers.

Like I mean: look at David benevidez: his o never had to go but he dared to be great? Can some of that stuff rub off and affect the new bunch? I mean I have a Terrance Crawford and Errol Spence t shirt but it seems like as far as taking risks goes, these guys aren't drinking the same water around here as Canelo, Caleb and benevidez.​

Fighting Plant is not daring to be great, its normal to fight the top contenders when chasing a superfight with a superstar.

The top prospects are all hungry coming up and will fight any of the top guys, its when they get the top spot and then they become the target so they start to pick and chose the most sensible financial opponents. Its a different view from the top of the mountain.
    Mike_b Mike_b likes this.

Comment

Working...
    X