Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Returns Home But Doesn't Rule Out Future Fight In U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Joshua should of staged his fight vs Franklin in america.

If the UK fans do not travel to watch him? Fine let that be.

The most beneficial thing a boxer can do for me, is not to align with one set of fans.

Be a universal fighter 'Although Joshua does have global reach, I don't think he is a quite universal fighter'.

Most likely all irrelevant now at this stage of his career, but regardless? Fighting on the road in america, from state to state would be awesome for Joshua.

In general I think there needs to be more big Heavyweights fights in america.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
      I really couldnt care less if I ever see Joshua fight again. I definitely don't need to see him beat up Franklin. I mean the whole point of that fight is to show people he can still be relevant. AJ is a HW whos big knock is that he's a timid giant who lost his confidence and needs to learn from the American trainer how to be aggresive. Since 2018 he's only beaten Ruiz whom he lost to the fight before, and Euroslug Pulev. The giant powerful monster I'm supposed to think is awesome lost his last 2 to a former cruiserweight and went mental in the ring afterwards. He's not even the 2nd best fighter in England. In fact, I can't see him defeating hyper aggresive Wardley at this point so he's probably 4th best in England really. Or fifth if you rate Dubois.
      And that's just England. I could name a bunch more guys around the world that I think plasters AJ to the canvas. Maybe I'm not as awestruck since Im Texan and not British, but I can't see the attraction. The guy isnt even likeable. Seems like a jackass diva.
      I think your point is valid depending on how Usyk's next fights play out. You come across as bias by emphasising Usyk is a former CW. He wasn't any old CW - he was lineal and undisputed. The best CW since Holyfield in all likelihood and we talk about Holyfield as being a great HW.
      Course, if Usyk loses to Dubois the cat is out the bag and we can reassess.
      greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        I think Joshua should of staged his fight vs Franklin in america.

If the UK fans do not travel to watch him? Fine let that be.

The most beneficial thing a boxer can do for me, is not to align with one set of fans.

Be a universal fighter 'Although Joshua does have global reach, I don't think he is a quite universal fighter'.

Most likely all irrelevant now at this stage of his career, but regardless? Fighting on the road in america, from state to state would be awesome for Joshua.

In general I think there needs to be more big Heavyweights fights in america.

I'm waiting for a really active champion who fights the best and takes on up and coming contenders. The closest we have is Jermell Charlo, Inoue and Canelo. if Haney beats Loma and then fights Stevenson he has a good case too. Nobody at HW is doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I think your point is valid depending on how Usyk's next fights play out. You come across as bias by emphasising Usyk is a former CW. He wasn't any old CW - he was lineal and undisputed. The best CW since Holyfield in all likelihood and we talk about Holyfield as being a great HW.
          Course, if Usyk loses to Dubois the cat is out the bag and we can reassess.
          It's true Usyk is a great Cruiser but the love for Joshua is always about how he's so big and his power is so fearsome if he'd just use it. And I guess my point is he just doesnt anymore. Not even against a little dude. And now he's re learning how to box.
          That said, this fight against Franklin is designed to prove me wrong. We're all gonna see that AJ actually can defeat a little dude, providing of course the little dude isn't that good. AJ still won't interest me much.

And Holyfield wouldve wiped the floor with Usyk.
          Last edited by Wacked_Out; 03-28-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X