Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is David Benavidez boxing style ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is David Benavidez boxing style ?

Is he a swarmer or slugger ?

A physically imposing pressure fighter. He likes to fight inside too despite it being uncharacteristic for a fighter with his dimensions.

Comment

Swarmer

Comment

he fights the same as his brother.

however he has more height and reach advantage. his brother also has slow feet like him. against someone with quick feet like Crawford, he was helpless.

Plant is nowhere near Crawford but he made David look foolish when his wheels were working
        Last edited by HeadShots; 03-27-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingParadigm View Post
          Swarmer

benavidez is like Andy Ruiz

swarmer has fast feet. they will smother someone. David can't do that because he has slow feet.

eg Maidana is a swarmer. If he was getting boxed up by Broner, he can smother him.
          Golovkin can fight as a swarmer too. He smothered Kell Brook, Monroe, Geale etc. chased them down

Benavidez was just swinging at air hoping Plant gasses which that bum did.
          Last edited by HeadShots; 03-27-2023, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Kinda of both I suppose? If David can't accumulate punches with a lot of output and combinations then he tends to switch it to timing and loading his shots as shown with Alexis Roamer Angulo or Caleb Plant.

It bothered me that:

-He didn't implement body work in the early rounds and during Caleb's clinches.

-Didn't use his very rangy jab more often.

- Cut the ring until the mid rounds when he timed Plant with a shot, instead opting to throw looping hooks.

Bayless made a difference as he didn't deduct any points for Caleb's overuse of the clinching, groin shots and even let him recover whenever Plant was in peril.

But Benavidez could had also done a better job imo.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieWild114 View Post
              Is he a swarmer or slugger ?
              Boxer Puncher.

Comment

Benavidez deep down probably wants to be a boxer puncher 'But his skill level is not high enough, to be a elite level fighter with this style'.

So therefore I would say Benavidez's style is a pressure fighter 'A straight forward pressure fighter, who utilizes his strength and endurance at 168 pounds'.

I am not devaluing the skill level of pressure fighters, because the best pressure fighters are highly sophisticated fighters 'But there are also many straight forward pressure fighter's'.

Fighters like Ricky Hatton, and even Mike Tyson. Were examples to me, of sophisticated pressure swarmer type fighters.

It is going well for Benavidez for now at 168 pounds, but there will come a time when weight draining himself will start to negatively effect his performance.

Note: Before the Plant fight, people were speaking of Benavidez as if he was some sort of offensive destructive monster 'If he was this type of monster pressure fighter, he should of been able to stop Plant with the volume of punches he landed etc'.

As some people have speculated, maybe Benavidez was over-trained for the bought 'Or maybe his less than anticipated destructive performance vs Plant was a bi-product of a fighter weight draining himself extensively'.

It was still a solid performance, really good win 'Benavidez is a solid fighter, but I don't think his offense is as destructive as people try and make out'.

Benavidez will most likely perform better at 175 pounds, but skill for skill 'I don't think the top fighters will be that intimidated by him'.

Comment

Aggressive Plod - Monster

Comment

Benavidez fights exactly the same as Chavez jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X