Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alberto Puello-Rolly Romero: The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas Site For Showtime Card 5/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

I think that they really want Russell and Rolly as a big fight. They are trying to give Rolly the biggest push just because of the potential money that is there because of his oddball personality. Dumb, negative, aggressive self promotion sells more than just being talented these days. Look how many people know Rolly as opposed to Shakur or Devin.
    I would rather Russell fight Matias, but if Rolly takes Puello's belt, then I'm fine with it! However, they could've let Rolly fight Ergashev, Lipinets, or Ponce, so he could "EARN" a title shot! To have him skip Russell to a title shot, coming off a loss by KO @ 135, is totally unacceptable!!!
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I would rather Russell fight Matias, but if Rolly takes Puello's belt, then I'm fine with it! However, they could've let Rolly fight Ergashev, Lipinets, or Ponce, so he could "EARN" a title shot! To have him skip Russell to a title shot, coming off a loss by KO @ 135, is totally unacceptable!!!
      Russell allowed himself to be skipped. He thinks he's too important to be fighting Puello.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Russell allowed himself to be skipped. He thinks he's too important to be fighting Puello.
        No, that fight was supposed to happen, but the WBA and Al made it happen for Rolly instead! They think he has star power, for whatever reason! Same thing happened for Barrios! How did he go from being KO'd by Tank @ 140, to a WBC eliminator vs. Thurman, in his first fight @ 147?

Comment

I agree, I'm just giving a perspective of their reasoning. Rolly could easily lose to any of those guys, but he could also knock out any of them. I just think that they feels he brings eyes and attention with his mouth and looney antics, so they want to capitalize monetarily by feeding him big names while he still is somewhat credible and interesting. If he loses, then he was supposed to, but if he wins.....MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY!!!
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

WAR Rolly !!!!!

Comment

No, that fight was supposed to happen, but the WBA and Al made it happen for Rolly instead! They think he has star power, for whatever reason! Same thing happened for Barrios! How did he go from being KO'd by Tank @ 140, to a WBC eliminator vs. Thurman, in his first fight @ 147?
              Somebody posted a quote of Russell a couple weeks ago where it sounded like he didn't think much of Puello:
              https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...uello-05-13-23

Antuanne came off across as pompous, just like his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Somebody posted a quote of Russell a couple weeks ago where it sounded like he didn't think much of Puello:
                https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...uello-05-13-23

Antuanne came off across as pompous, just like his brother.
                Damn Shame! Dude is must see TV! I want to see him fight Tank or Matias!

Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X