No announcement yet.

The Plant Fight Makes You Appreciate Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really.

All Floyd needed was the refs(Bayless one of them), the judges, th ring size, glove size and a little IV and he was set.

Floyd should have 2-3 losses on his record that's a fact.

Comment

Let Mayweather retires in peace. He was a cherry-picker of high levels and the beneficiary of many gift decisions, everything went according to the Las Vegas plan and also he kept his 0, so don't move it.
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Yes, Floyd is all time elite. The most complete fighter that's ever laced up a pair of gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

He didn’t have a chance , at the beginning of the fight cause Kenny would jump in the minute they came chest to chest
          Don’t et me wrong , maybe David is terrible fighting inside but at least give him the opportunity
          Also , towards the end , Benavidez was hitting him with forearms and elbows exactly cause Bayless wouldn’t stop the clinching
          Had he said something , then the fight would of been different and probably David would end up knocking Plant out
          I Just believe had Bayless done his job properly , all this could of been avoided as one man came to fight and the other came to survive
          Sad to say but it I still What it is
          Boxing referee might be the hardest job in sports. No real consensus on how to do the job properly because each state’s commission has its own rules. Fighters are always pushing the envelope trying to get away with as much as possible. And having your every move criticized and critiqued. It’s not a job I’d ever want to do personally.
          MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
            Not really.

All Floyd needed was the refs(Bayless one of them), the judges, th ring size, glove size and a little IV and he was set.

Floyd should have 2-3 losses on his record that's a fact.
            Quit trying to pass your OPINION off as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              Plant's got skills but to fight a pressure fighter for 12 rounds and win a decision you've got to be elite.
              It takes great defense (Floyd hardly ever got hit square), great stamina and enough offense to keep the other fighter honest.
              TBE? No way! But most def the best of his era and really what more can you ask?
              - - Kenny Bayliss, Joe I'm Fairly infirm Cortez, ect, plus TBE TUE, and a crack daddy corner, not to mention USADA and Vegas Commish and their judges in your pocket.

Thanks for the reminder...

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                Not really.

Don't forget the opposition had to be short, short armed flat footed guys who didn't speak English

Comment

Floyd would have never fought those types of fights. Margarito was a mild version of Benavidez yet it never happened. He'd rather retire young and come back later.

Comment

Working...
                  X