Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: If Bayless Woulda Said Something About Clinches, Maybe I Woulda Clipped Plant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: If Bayless Woulda Said Something About Clinches, Maybe I Woulda Clipped Plant

LAS VEGAS - David Benavidez wanted nothing more than to knock out Caleb Plant in their grudge match Saturday night. The unbeaten WBC interim super middleweight champion admitted after decisively defeating Plant that he is "a little
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kenny Baseless is a corrupt, incompetent, and dirty ref. He should be kept out of all major bouts.

Comment

Bayless is the most corrupt ref in boxing he's scum a dirty pos who also let Floyd get away with excessive holding and forearms.

That dirty **** should be banned from the sport.
      bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

I agree with Benavidez and the previous comment. Bayless is a incompetent ref who for some reason was favoring Plant and let Plant hold on to David every time he was hurt. He made sure Plant lasted 12 rounds.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Benavidez also pointed out that he might’ve been able to stop Plant had veteran referee Kenny Bayless prevented Plant from excessively holding him, particularly during the second half of their 168-pound championship bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

This is something that’s been irking me since yesterday ; why the fugh didn’t his corner complain to Bayless during the fight ?
          I just don’t get these cornermen who have an absolute easy job to do but cant accomplish it
          I would’ve been complaining about it every single round from give or take the 3rd round

Comment

Looked like a ufc wrestling match out there. Plant was hugging Benavidez like they were best friends or some ish
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Bayless let them fight through all the hugging headbutts elbowing from the 9th all the way to the 12th and that’s a fact,, it is Benavidez fault not the reff if he didn’t have the power or the iQ to finish Plant

Comment

I don’t understand why people are crying. It was a good fight thanks to bayless. A lesser ref would have stopped it early. Clinching is a part of boxing. Plant used it effectively to put benevidezs Rhythm off. All the benevidez lickers are upset bayless didn’t do their fighters job for them
                Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Sh.it I think Benavidez may have benefitted from the holding although it did take him the first 5 rounds to figure it out, but when he did… my goodness he put a beating on Plant. Sweetcheeks won’t ever talk sh.it about the Benavidez’s ever again I can promise that! That urge was whooped out of that boy! Man vs kid in there, is what it looked like from round 6 and on. Reason I think MM benefitted from plants game plan to hold was because a lot of the damage MM inflicted on plant during the fight was done while plant thought he was holding or while he went to hold, MM landed MOST of his more telling shots during that period of time. Watch it again and tell me I’m wrong… plant should of been punching or trying to avoid the onslaught instead of thinking the ref was going to stop David from laying the wood on his ass smh, talk about having your game plan backfire sheeesh
                  Last edited by Robi13; 03-26-2023, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The holding was bad enough but Bayless stopped the action a few times when Benavidez was attacking just because the fighters were close. Respect to Plant but the ref's incompetence rescued him.

Comment

Working...
                    X