Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Promoter Unsure of Next Steps After Failed Talks With Usyk, Says Fury 'May Retire'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

To this day, I'm amazed he ever had fans.
    He wins fights. Eveyone who wins gets fans. Even Wilder had some fans when he was winning. Most people just support whatever is popular so people who win keep accumulating fans that way.

Comment

Terrible news. If Fury retires, he might go nuts again.

His team need to find him a new opponent ASAP.

Comment

Furys got a hard-on for knocking Joshua out so don't worry, he's going nowhere just now. I predict:

Joshua bangs out Franklin. Goes on to fight hrgovic for IBF. Fury stays busy enough to keep his WBC. Fury vs AJ at christmas/ early 2024 for 2 belts.

Comment

As a fan of Fury's abilities, this sucks. I am a big Usyk fan and really want to see if Usyk can beat him.

After reading as much as I can find about what happened in negotiations, if seems like egos are too big, and moreso on Fury's side. Fury has basically said at this point, I call the shots because I am lineal champ, I don't give a **** about the belts. Usyk beat a damaged Joshua, fought really well both fights.

If Usyk really didn't care about the money and wanted the belts, he would have agreed to 50/50 for the rematch terms. If Usyk is confident about winning, he stands to make millions, have all the belts. Or even better, he should have just said no rematch clause, then if he beat Fury, he would be in the drivers seat and could make Fury jump through hoops. I feel like there is some sneaky stuff from Usyk's promoter we may not know about.

But, I am putting most of this on Fury's ego, and I will say at this point, maybe he does see something in Usyk he doesn't want to deal with. Fury has been talking retirement for years. Sadly the HW division without him is far less interesting. But if he is going to keep fighting guys we all know he will beat, and not concede a little bit to get this Usyk fight done. Go on and retire.

NorvernRob NorvernRob likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
            As a fan of Fury's abilities, this sucks. I am a big Usyk fan and really want to see if Usyk can beat him.

After reading as much as I can find about what happened in negotiations, if seems like egos are too big, and moreso on Fury's side. Fury has basically said at this point, I call the shots because I am lineal champ, I don't give a **** about the belts. Usyk beat a damaged Joshua, fought really well both fights.

If Usyk really didn't care about the money and wanted the belts, he would have agreed to 50/50 for the rematch terms. If Usyk is confident about winning, he stands to make millions, have all the belts. Or even better, he should have just said no rematch clause, then if he beat Fury, he would be in the drivers seat and could make Fury jump through hoops. I feel like there is some sneaky stuff from Usyk's promoter we may not know about.

But, I am putting most of this on Fury's ego, and I will say at this point, maybe he does see something in Usyk he doesn't want to deal with. Fury has been talking retirement for years. Sadly the HW division without him is far less interesting. But if he is going to keep fighting guys we all know he will beat, and not concede a little bit to get this Usyk fight done. Go on and retire.

Among a bunch of absolute ridiculous 'posts' yours my friend has credit and makes sense.Tyson blew it for me with his ego and crass aftermath . Shame about this as I genuinely believe he's the best out there but boxing can cope without one man , it always has.

Comment

Fury, don't give up.....you beat mental health problems so don't let this best you. Give usyk what he wants and in future do a kiss and tell story revealing all you conceded to get fight made.
              You will look like a hero and usyk the bad guy

Comment

“Tyson’s a bit [pissed off] because, obviously, he’s been in training constantly,” Warren said.

What has he been training, Frank?
                His mouth to say one stupid thing after another?
                Like, "It's my way or the highway, and you've got 15 minutes to decide and I will tell you 'what' later.
                His mouth, and eating to honestly earn the nick name of "Belly"?

He should "retire", because for boxing, he is a clown that will look better gone.

Comment

I used to go to even the early Fury fights when he was nothing more than a regional prospect. Rogan and Pajkic fights come to mind. Since then, especially since winning the title the amount of utter nonsense we as fans have had to put up with is pure ****e. Chisora 3 was the last straw for me. Since winning the title Fury’s reign has been dog **** let’s be honest. You’ve got Wilder padding out the last decade and then a win over White who isn’t great but at least worthy of a shot. The rest of the opposition has been the same standard since he was a 10 fight novice, Rogan and Pajkic. Awful, just an awful run. It’s been a decade ffs. The thing is Fury in head to heads probably does well. On cv though it’s ****e. He’s nothing more than a head to head mythical fighter now.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Fury, don't give up.....you beat mental health problems so don't let this best you. Give usyk what he wants and in future do a kiss and tell story revealing all you conceded to get fight made.
                    You will look like a hero and usyk the bad guy
                    do enough nose candy and you too can develop depression, funny how suddenly he had mental issues the moment that boar story got messy. I’ll say it to you and the rest of his fans, he took exactly the same amount of time off from the sport as if he would’ve been suspended by the bboc. Nothing more, separate the man from the boxer and fury is a lying sack of shhhh. For the record, nose candy depletes your serotonin levels, ie the chemical that makes you happy-ish. All coke addicts deal with the depletion if that, it’s why they have a hard time quitting. If Tyson fury was on psychotropic medication to treat depression and is doing coke (which we know he is, go look at him the night he was in the ring for arums birthday here in nyc talking) he would’ve gone into at the very least a possible seizure. So we know he’s damn sure on coke again. Which clearly shows he’s not treating his “mental health” issues at all. So believe what you want but then are the facts.
                    Last edited by turnedup; 03-24-2023, 09:34 AM.

Comment

people are just getting sick of fury and his crap at this stage, greedybelly is just the perfect fit for him now & warren sounding like hearn as well
                      macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X