Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Optimistic To Make Cross-Promotional Fights With Haymon Moving Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick59 View Post
    hope more promoters work with each other, its what we need the best fight the best. We could have some wonderful match up's.
    Fact's!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Its called money.
      Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
        This is positive talk that we should all welcome.
        Without a doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          DLH has seemed like he’s never really cared for young Edward. DLH is an American promoter and I don’t think any of the American promoters were fans of Hearn when he came to the usa thinking he was entitled to being #1 and Haymon, Arum, and DLH would have to bow to him
          Well Edward is full of himself isn't he? He came over with Joshua in tow, and his prized fighter got knocked out by Ruiz in a major upset.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Not happening. Unless Oscar is willing to keep handing his fighter’s drained, bloated or otherwise compromised.
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-14-2023, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              DLH has seemed like he’s never really cared for young Edward. DLH is an American promoter and I don’t think any of the American promoters were fans of Hearn when he came to the usa thinking he was entitled to being #1 and Haymon, Arum, and DLH would have to bow to him
              I wonder how DAZN feels about that? I assume they thought since they share a platform, they would have more cross-promotions, NOT involving SHO or ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

Half of a huge pot is better than all of a small pot.
                Don't you think Haney vs. Garcia, or GGG vs. Munguia would've done good numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

It's one fight brother, there bare still a slew of fight's to be made after that, and then you can see which fight, with which fighter's are more lucrative.
                  Don't get hung up over one fight, Haney has his own fight coming up, after that the winner's can fight each other, and the losers can do the same.
                  It's a moot point now, since Haney is on ESPN. Munguia vs. GGG would be great for DAZN, probably more lucrative than Ortiz Jr. vs. Stanionis, since only the hardcore know Stanionis!

Comment

Originally posted by fumiphobic View Post

Co-promotions should only be relegated to big fights. Showtime's Espinoza admits it's exasperating to have to ask the other side's approval for every little detail in the fight like PPV distributor, ringside commentators, post/pre fight interviewers, probably even the seating arrangements, or who would get rights for popcorn stands.
                    Lmfao ; popcorn stand
                    Espinoza is a fughin weasel and a puppet
                    If there’s enough cash to go around I bet he would have no problem doing it
                    Obviously he’d rather the whole lot to himself but chit happens

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post

It's easy to imagine Tank making more money fighting on DAZN platform without having to opt with this co-promotional nonsense. He's a big star, no longer with Mayweather, he can fight anywhere he wants to.
                      I understand that very well but don’t you think uncle Al or even Floyd are going to be a little upset they didn’t get to wet their beaks ?
                      That’s what I mean by not taking him back
                      Not sure Tank would like to or could fly solo , not being surrounded by the right people

Comment

Working...
                      X