Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: I Definitely Would Like a Bivol Rematch in The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah shakedaddy, I think Ramirez will retire Rosado. What a mismatch.

Comment

No you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
        I just keep hearing Bivol say, " ... I don't know why he's so confident." I thought Ramirez would give him a better fight. After re-watching it, I think Ramirez range and (known) power definitely gave Bivol more trouble than he's had with most. Ramirez just never felt his flow and let his hands go (afraid he'd be countered effectively). Bivol did counter him well, especially given Ramirez's longer reach. Bivol is a consumate boxer.

But Ramirez came to fight. He was a dangerous out for Bivol . Bivol had some moments as usual, but he was careful to the end because of Ramirez reach, size, and power. A good fight for Ramirez as he had never fought anyone good enough to keep him careful and off balance about attacking.

Canelo would have to land a big, lucky punch to keep Ramirez off of him. I don't think he could do it. Ramirez vs Beterbiev would be a war. Not sure how well Ramirez takes those blows (and if it would discourage him), but with that range I think Ramirez would attack him. There would be some serious trading. I think Ramirez is big enough to trade with Beterbiev and maybe win.
        I completely agree… Zurdo gave a good fight..
        experience at the elite level was the difference in that fight.. Zurdo wasn’t comfortable enough to let his hands go in spurts enough.

Comment

Yeah shakedaddy, I think Ramirez will retire Rosado. What a mismatch.
          It is a disgraceful mismatch. This is not the way to return to the ring, after such an abysmal showing against Bivol.

Comment

I just keep hearing Bivol say, " ... I don't know why he's so confident." I thought Ramirez would give him a better fight. After re-watching it, I think Ramirez range and (known) power definitely gave Bivol more trouble than he's had with most. Ramirez just never felt his flow and let his hands go (afraid he'd be countered effectively). Bivol did counter him well, especially given Ramirez's longer reach. Bivol is a consumate boxer.

But Ramirez came to fight. He was a dangerous out for Bivol . Bivol had some moments as usual, but he was careful to the end because of Ramirez reach, size, and power. A good fight for Ramirez as he had never fought anyone good enough to keep him careful and off balance about attacking.

Canelo would have to land a big, lucky punch to keep Ramirez off of him. I don't think he could do it. Ramirez vs Beterbiev would be a war. Not sure how well Ramirez takes those blows (and if it would discourage him), but with that range I think Ramirez would attack him. There would be some serious trading. I think Ramirez is big enough to trade with Beterbiev and maybe win.
            No shot for Zurdo vs. Beterbiev. Artur is more efficient and precise and would back Zurdo up more than he's used to. Ramirez should fight Yarde or Joe Smith next. Yarde would probably beat him. Smith is closer to a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
              A rematch would look the same or worse. He should fight someone on his level. Like Joe Smith or the British kid Beterbiev just mashed.
              I agree 100% with you BlackRobb. Ramirez vs Smith, or Yarde would be real interesting fight's, but a rematch with Bivol would be a waste of time, and absolutely ridiculous.
              BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Rematch with Bivol? No shot. He should focus on making sure that a washed up Rosado doesn’t give him fits.
                Although it's highly unlikely I'd actually love to see Rosado knock Ramirez out, for picking on this older smaller fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Oh **** off.
                  Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                    The turd thought he was at bivols skill level, bivol is at Joe Calzaghe level of class
                    That's saying a lot Knuckle's. Calzaghe beat even more great fighter's than Bivol has so far, and retired undefeated. I'm sure that Bivol will stick around long enough for another 20 fight's, to match or pass Calzaghe. I do believe he's at Calzaghes' level the way he's been fighting for the past few years.
                    Last edited by Boricua181; 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Guys: He was talking about the parcheesi game they had before the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X