Tyson Fury defense overrated ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury defense overrated ?

https://www.boxingscene.com/amp/top-...mpubox--122447 His opponents land a
    lmost the same percentage of punches on him as Aj opponents. Why do people say Fury defense is good ?

It's from 2017.

Post the current data and then we can talk.

Plus we all know that compubox is a load of shit
    Last edited by denium; 03-08-2023, 09:39 AM.
    Tony Trick-Pony Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieWild114 View Post
      lmost the same percentage of punches on him as Aj opponents. Why do people say Fury defense is good ?

might want to read your chart again chief.

Tyson fury has the lowest amount of punches landing on him per round by opponents from anyone there in the whole chart....... that would indicate he has the best defense of that group per your own data you posted.

you have low IQ and should take math classes again

Comment

Originally posted by WillieWild114 View Post
        Get in the ring with him and then give us your opinion.

Comment

What is even more proving that Fury defense is overrated to a certain extent, is that? Joshua has consistently fought at a higher level.

If you take Kiltschko from 7-8 years ago off his record and Wilder 'Most of Tyson Fury's fights have been domestic to high end European level fights'.

Tyson Fury's defense is overrated, there are always moments of complete calamity in his fights, I have never bought into the stereotype that he moves like a middle-weight'.

It was Peter Fury who refined and DID improve Fury's defense especially from mid-long range. But since Fury has not been training with Peter Fury, his defense has decreased in my opinion.

'Against Wilder III, Fury was fatigued and making unforced errors from round 2 on wards'. It was a great fight in terms of passion and competition, but skill for skill it was not a higher level fight than Joshua vs Usyk I & II'.

Tyson Fury defense is not super bad, let me make that clear. But it is not a great as people make out 'Whenever Fury has fought at World level since Kiltschko, he has ether been busted up real good or display moments of complete technical calamity'.

Deontay Wilder is a big puncher, the man has power 'But that power has limited variation'. Wilder was still hitting and decking Fury multiple times.

Note: Fury's defense is good enough for this era. But the point I am making is? Fury has not really achieved the feats of defensive mastery which should bestow him with the stereotype 'That his opponents cannot hit him, or he moves like a middle-weight'. Fighters top fighters if he fights them, have proven that they can find this version of Tyson Fury inside the ring.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-08-2023, 10:44 AM.
          WillieWild114 WillieWild114 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

might want to read your chart again chief.

Tyson fury has the lowest amount of punches landing on him per round by opponents from anyone there in the whole chart....... that would indicate he has the best defense of that group per your own data you posted.

you have low IQ and should take math classes again
            You mighht want to read my comment again where I said he nearly has almost the same percentages of punches landed on him as Aj not a higher amount

Comment

I actually think Usyk is the one with the overrated defense. His opponent connect percentage is right around average for the heavyweight division and he's a cruiserweight. Those 2017 stats don't take into account all the fights Fury had since then where he statistically dominated all his opponents except Wallin. Wallin is a poundshop Usyk so I actually think Usyk will school Fury if Luke ever finds the courage to fight.
              WillieWild114 WillieWild114 likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X