Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora vs. Brian Mendoza Showtime Tripleheader Official

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the best main card, then again Mendoza retired Jeison Rosario so this might be a fun scrap as long as it lasts. Brandun Lee somewhat finally stepped up his competition however it is not co-main event worthy.

Since Spence and Crawford are in discussion in fighting each other after their Individual match ups, kind of hoping that Kavaliauskas vs Butaev is still on the undercard, so in case that Butaev manages to win against the Mean Machine, Vergil Ortiz Jr can face him off as the WBA mandatory later this year.

Not that I think Stanionis is any less difficult at all, just think that Vergil needs to keep active against tough competition. Stylistically Ortiz Jr will have a more difficult time facing a boxer puncher like Radzhab, than a pressure fighter in Eimantas who brings a similar method of fighting.

Watching Boxing Gems Film Study kind of reaffirmed it that overall that Ortiz Jr should be the favorite, at least to me.
    Last edited by Feroz; 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM.
    Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

Pretty mediocre card. Main event would be more attractive without the phony belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post

Yes. But I would rather watch this than opting to pay $250 for DAZN.
        Where tf did dazn come into this convo? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
          Pretty mediocre card. Main event would be more attractive without the phony belt.
          Ya Brandon Figueroa just picked up a phony belt last Saturday and they walk around like it's the real championship. Wbc and the wba are the weakest organizations in boxing . They even had a belt for fury vs Paul smh .

Comment

Good fight right here.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Where tf did dazn come into this convo? Lol
              Just me being passed off at the DAZN price increase, LOL. I was a Hearn apologist but he broke my itty bitty heart. NOW I won't pay him a single extra dime. I am happy I have Showtime, so I won't be paying extra to watch boxing, even if it's a weak card.
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
                Not the best main card, then again Mendoza retired Jeison Rosario so this might be a fun scrap as long as it lasts. Brandun Lee somewhat finally stepped up his competition however it is not co-main event worthy.

Since Spence and Crawford are in discussion in fighting each other after their Individual match ups, kind of hoping that Kavaliauskas vs Butaev is still on the undercard, so in case that Butaev manages to win against the Mean Machine, Vergil Ortiz Jr can face him off as the WBA mandatory later this year.

Not that I think Stanionis is any less difficult at all, just think that Vergil needs to keep active against tough competition. Stylistically Ortiz Jr will have a more difficult time facing a boxer puncher like Radzhab, than a pressure fighter in Eimantas who brings a similar method of fighting.

Watching Boxing Gems Film Study kind of reaffirmed it that overall that Ortiz Jr should be the favorite, at least to me.
                Fight Fam!!! I can see you're gaining a lot of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post

Just me being passed off at the DAZN price increase, LOL. I was a Hearn apologist but he broke my itty bitty heart. NOW I won't pay him a single extra dime. I am happy I have Showtime, so I won't be paying extra to watch boxing, even if it's a weak card.
                  I dont pay for sh.it...i stream the fcuk outta everything (app, channel, ppv, etc)...boxing aint what it used to be now that promoter/app/manager affiliation took over. Watered down like a mofo with more filler than meaningful substance.

Comment

fundora vs kurbanov would be a cracking fight i think
                    Last edited by cace; 03-07-2023, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Glad to see Brandun Lee back in action! It's time for him to step up the competition! PBC has given both Brandun Lee and Gary Antuanne Russell soft touches in their upcoming fights! Why not just have them fight each other? Guess that makes too much sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X