Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Jack, Spence-Crawford, Mayweather, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukesville View Post

Yes that's what they are either way you go, assumptions nothing more Now like I said before when Steele reached the 8 count there were 6 seconds left not 2 like the biased commentators started screaming.if Steele asks Taylor to walk towards him Taylor falls down face first! Taylor could not stand on his own much less walk towards anyone that's why he held the ropes! Now you say holding on to the ropes after a kd is no cause for a stoppage? You even say "it's never happened"?! Ha you're a fool fights have been stopped for fighters just being wobbly standing on their own! You have no idea what the rules are or what you're talking about. You are what you criticize in your original comment ha ha!
    aren’t you getting tired of being wrong and making absolutely ridiculous assumptions? First you try to claim that Chavez could’ve killed Taylor with 2 seconds left and now you want to claim He would’ve fallen on his face? Get a grip nut hugger. You also want to argue that the HBO commentators were biased for Taylor when Chavez was the money making house fighter? If you actually listen to the stoppage, lampley says the fight was stopped with fewer than 5 seconds left. Lederman says the fight was stopped with 5 seconds left but guess what the official time of stoppage is??? Yep 2 min and 58 seconds. Not sure if you’re good at math but that’s 2 seconds remaining. Check box Rec if you’d like. Seems you don’t know as much as you think you do. As far as hand on the ropes, No ref has ever stopped a fight strictly because a fighter had his hands in the ropes. Yes there have been stoppages for less and that’s because there have been some pretty bad calls in this sport, but taking all things into consideration including the fact that Taylor was clearly winning the fight and the 2 seconds left, and him being on his feet, this is ranked as one of the worst in history and probably the most controversial ever. Again, go watch Steele let hearns continue when he was splattered flat on his back staring up at the lights. Why such a difference in Steeles approach? Answer = corruption. So you either fall into 1 of 2 categories, a dummy or a biased/nationalistic fan. Either way I’m done with you. You can stick to defending a terrible call due to either being ****** or biased, while I’ll stick to being right. Good day bozo.
    Last edited by Jab jab boom; 03-04-2023, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      aren’t you getting tired of being wrong and making absolutely ridiculous assumptions? He would’ve fallen on his face? Get a grip nut hugger. Now you want to argue that the HBO commentators were biased for Taylor when Chavez was the money making house fighter? If you actually listen to the stoppage, lampley says the fight was stopped with fewer than 5 seconds left. Lederman says the fight was stopped with 5 seconds left but guess what the official time of stoppage is??? Yep 2 min and 58 seconds. Not sure if you’re good at math but that’s 2 seconds remaining. Check box Rec if you’d like. Seems you don’t know as much as you think you do. As far as hand on the ropes, No ref has ever stopped a fight strictly because a fighter had his hands in the ropes. Yes there have been stoppages for less and that’s because there have been some pretty bad calls in this sport, but taking all things into consideration including the fact that Taylor was clearly winning the fight and the 2 seconds left, and him being on his feet, this is ranked as one of the worst in history and probably the most controversial ever. Again, go watch Steele let hearns continue when he was splattered flat on his back staring up at the lights. Why such a difference in Steeles approach? Answer = corruption. So you either fall into 1 of 2 categories, a dummy or a biased/nationalistic fan. Either way I’m done with you. You can stick to defending a terrible call due to either being ****** or biased, while I’ll stick to being right. Good day bozo.
      Ha ha! Don't get bent out a shape fool! So what you think was going to happen is a fact but what anyone else thinks is an assumption huh? Ha ha ok. Look don't go by what Lampley says or ledderman or anyone else for that matter look at the clock when Steele gets to 8! Look how Taylor does not answer Steele and is not even looking at him. Look how he wobbles and holds the ropes! That tells anyone with half a brain that he couldn't stand on his own at that particular moment that's why Steele stopped it! And even if there was less time remaining the bell can ring if he is unfit to continue or unable to stand on his own he is counted out! That's what "a fighter cannot be saved by the bell" means you damn fool ha ha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Saved his life?? Lmaooo. Good job raising the bar of idiocy.
        Idiocy?, like it or not, Taylor was OUT, and the solid proofed to that, is the second fight. In the second fight, you can tell how Chaves took everything away from Taylor in the first fight.

Comment

I have never seen a non-Mexican claim Steele was right to stop the Chavez fight. Period.

You have to have a gigantic blind spot to defend Steele's stoppage. Simple as that.

Everybody who's remotely objective have said it was a trash stoppage & not only that, it's considered the WORST stoppage of all-time by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post

I agree with all of this even though I think that far too often in boxing we call the current generation trash and say all the old guys would smash them. I likely would get crap for this, but I believe Vitali Klitschko would destroy Ali.
            Spence and Bud simply have done far too little to be considered ATG’s.
            I've never onsidered a Vitali -Ali matchup. HWs are a bit of an enigma anyway because they keep getting bigger. I'm not one who says that all current fighters are trash compared to the greats from yesteryear. I think part of it, which Bread acknowledges, is that they don't fight often enough and challenge themselves enough.

Another thing that prevents fighters creating the resume is the promoter war/blocking tactics. To my eyes Ennis has the tools to possibly become an ATG but I think he is already 26 years old and he can't get a title fight - he night be 29/30 before he goes to 154 and may make it to 160 at 34/35 yrs old?

There are only 3 current active fighters who have really challenged themselves and could be said to have trodden the path of an ATG - Canelo, Loma and Usyk. Unfortunately they either started too late [usyk and Loma] or look to have fallen short Canelo [if he had beaten Bivol then wow].

Bud could still get there but he is fighting age - if he beat Spence and Jermell to be undisputed in 3 divisions he'd be somewhere up the list of ATGs but this seems very unlikely now.

Last edited by SteveM; 03-05-2023, 04:12 AM.
            Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X