Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Pushes For Chantelle Cameron Showdown To Preserve May 20 Dublin Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Pushes For Chantelle Cameron Showdown To Preserve May 20 Dublin Date

Katie Taylor has not given up on her long overdue homecoming headliner. The undisputed lightweight queen has pushed her team to come up with a contingency plan in the wake of a now-postponed rematch with Amanda Serrano. There remains a hold on May 20 at 3Arena in Dublin, where Taylor was prepared to defend her lightweight championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Love her or hate her,
    you have to respect Katie Taylor.
    This is about as gangster a move a boxer can make.
    Hearn promotes both fighters so he better make it.
    Take all my money, I'm down.
    M312 M312 Dare7 Dare7 like this.

Comment

I've developed a grudging respect for Taylor. If she takes the Cameron fight, win or lose, that respect will ratchet up another notch.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 M312 M312 like this.

Comment

Chantelle Cameron as Amanda Serrano's replacement opponent is as tough as it gets IMO and is just wow. Katie has a tremendous resume and her bravery is to be admired. Chantelle Cameron at this stage of Katie's career though is a huge huge ask for her to prevail, as Chantelle is the naturally bigger woman, stronger physically, exceptionally tough, great footwork, punch picking, boxing, brawling, excellent chin, great fitness level, all round elite boxing skills, and crucially, is in her absolute prime probably. When I listed hypothetical opponents the other day to step in for Amanda, I mentioned Chantelle, adding that I thought she would be too risky. Katie has done risky before though, but this maybe more than she can chew, but despite this feeling, I am in love with this fight (should it happen).
        BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

That's why You have put Katie's Name and greatness together! She's all about the top fights. Look at her resume... Now she's eager to fight another top fighter in Chantelle Cameron!

Eddie make this happen!

Comment

Katie Taylor epitomizes the term 'champion.'

Comment

I don't recognize a single poster that posted above me. I've been aged out of Boxing Scene.

Comment

That is a good fight--they are both very good boxers and tough too. Maybe Cameron has the edge in size but otherwise it's pretty even.

Comment

She has definitely made her mark in the division, if she manages to beat Cameron then the Serrano rematch after would be great..

In her home country will draw a fair amount off public interest too...

Comment

I was hoping that it would be Baumgardner, but Cameron is a great fight as well.
                    buddyr buddyr likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X