Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Wilson: I Felt It Was a Knockout - Navarrete's Eyes Were F-----!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Australia's Liam Wilson is still fuming over this past Friday's stoppage loss at the hands of Emanuel Navarrete in Glendale, Arizona. Willson traveled to hostile territory to collide with Navarrete for the vacant WBO super featherweight championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    ——-

American boxers like to say they will not travel overseas because they are afraid they will be robbed.
    How many boxers have come to the most just nation on planet earth only to get robbed? There’s a lot of them. My favorite is when Felix Sturm beat De La Hoya.

Comment

If a boxer purposely spits out his mouth guard,he should be forced to fight without it.
      Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
        ——-1
        American boxers like to say they will not travel overseas because they are afraid they will be robbed.
        How many boxers have come to the most just nation on planet earth only to get robbed? There’s a lot of them. My favorite is when Felix Sturm beat De La Hoya.
        Ok name 10 more if it’s been that many. Oscar got robbed by Mayweather when they fought, he got a split decision loss in Mayweathers own hometown of Vegas. I bet you’re not crying over that huh
        Javcar Chris Hanson likes this.

Comment

You got stopped bro

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post

Ok name 10 more if it’s been that many. Oscar got robbed by Mayweather when they fought, he got a split decision loss in Mayweathers own hometown of Vegas. I bet you’re not crying over that huh
            ————-

What’s with the misplaced anger? Seriously, why are you angry?
            But here are 10 foreign boxers that got robbed in the US. Hopefully you aren’t going to be triggered by any of those robberies and start ranting about something else.
            1. Lennox vs Holyfield I was a huge robbery.
            2. Sergio Martinez (Argentinian) got robbed vs Paul Williams in the 1st fight.
            3. Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara (Cuban)
            4. Timothy Bradley vs Pacqiao (Filipino). Judges gave the American the fight.
            5. Andreas Korelnik vs Devon Alexander was a clear robbery.
            6. Broner vs Ponce De Leone (Mexican). American judges gave Broner the fight
            7. Mathysse vs Devon Alexander. This is the 2nd fight American judges gift Devon a win
            8. Sergio Martinez vs Cintron was declared a draw. Martinez was robbed of a KO and then a decision.
            9. Mathysse vs Judah. This is the 2nd fight Mathysse got robbed.
            10. Sultan Ibrahimov (Russian) vs Ray Austin
            Would you like some more or will that be enough? ​

Comment

Liam, for a 20-1 underdog you did yourself proud. Hope you get more opportunities. Navarrete welcome to the new division. Make sure you get that mouth piece spitting down to a science 'cos you are going to need that trick a lot it in this division. Just saying.

Comment

The referee gave Navarrette way more than a 10 second count to recover. When I watched the fight occur in real time, I said, "E.N. is being saved". Had it not been for the extra time, Navarrette would have been stopped. He was in very bad shape.

It's absolutely sad, that none of the commentators mentioned the questionable count objectively at all.
                Last edited by Lefty0616; 02-06-2023, 01:10 AM.
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post

Only one crying here is you. Mayweather beat De La Hoya in a close fight. I bet you’re not complaining about Whittaker getting robbed against JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                    Anyone who spits the mouthpiece out should have their fight waved off. When the ref asks you to come forward and you take your time they do. I haven't counted the seconds buy if it was 27 seconds, he was clearly cheated.
                    " Cheated" in Boxing are you sure ? In the fight game ? When someone is trying to take your head off and you can not think straight you make a move to give yourself time? Who would do such a thing. I know it happens and he got away with it. But was it a involutary action in the ring ? Who knows the ref dont know, he could take a point for excessive discharge of the bit. Usually over the course of a fight and only if flagrant or just plain stupid and lazy. You can not wave off a fight the first time a guy spits the bit man no way. You can not do that it is against the rules. We have rules in boxing so fights are fair. But those rules are open to interpretation, open to those that choose to look away to there benifit. I hear what you are saying but..... Those two fighters will make out well bc of the fight they put up and in time if one of them "cheated" the ring will make them pay. And if one of them is over reacting by complaining about n to the ref..............the ring will settle it in his next fight who ever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                      ——-1
                      99 percent of the fight won by robberies favor African Americans. I don’t watch pbc or toprank because of this. Andre Ward Kovalev x Sergie Kovalev or Vahrlo x Castano 1, Korobov Charlo were all robberies.

Comment

Working...
                      X