No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev on Facing Usyk: No Problem, He's a Good Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
    Beterbiev would like, more than anything, to have an undisputed fight with WBA champion Dmitry Bivol - but it appears unlikely in 2013,

I somehow feel like that fight wont happen in 2013 either
    One of the best fight's in all of boxing, unfortunately it doesn't look like Berterbiev vs Bivol won't be taking place in 2023.
    I'm hoping that it will take place in first 1/4 of 2024, but that's not a guarantee it will happen then either.
    If it doesn't take place in 2024, then it will seriously jeopardize the quality of the fight that it could've been.
    An intriguing contrast of styles to to impose it's effectiveness on the other, the master boxer vs the master puncher, wow!
    That said I can't see Beterbiev being as effective in the cruiser weight division, as he is in the light heavyweight, where he is a dominant factor.
    Although I think that Bivol would have a better chance of becoming a cruiser weight champion simply because of his incredible boxing ability.
    It's simple you don't want to pack weight on an older fighter like Beterbiev, he could win a cruiser weight title against Makabu, but forget about his chances against Usyk.
    Usyk is just too big, too smart, too much of a sturdy chin, and more than enough power to knock Beterbiev, and Bivol, for that matter.
    job43 job43 likes this.

Comment

Let's get unification at 175 first.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Don`t be a fool, Usyk murders you if you fight at cruiserweight.

Comment

Usyk is a Heavyweight now, so? The fight should be staged at Heavyweight.

If the cruiser weight limited was moved back to 190 pounds. Usyk would of most likely always fought as a Heavyweight.

The whole allure of the fight between Beterbiev & Usyk 'Would be because it is a Heavyweight contest'.

Comment

I don’t think Beterbiev would enjoy the outcome of a Usyk fight.

Comment

This guy is starting to sound more and more like Crawford. "I want to fight everyone!" " But my promoter doesn't want me too"...
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                Sounds like the promoters are just doing there job keeping Better's name out there while people are still thinking about him after Saturday Night. Speculating to keep people waiting for something that will never happen.
                Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  Usyk is too clever for Beterbiev, would be a points win, as in the amateurs where he beat him.
                  This ain’t the amateurs
                  And that Usyk win was very questionable imo

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                    Sounds like the promoters are just doing there job keeping Better's name out there while people are still thinking about him after Saturday Night. Speculating to keep people waiting for something that will never happen.
                    Did you read the article?

This is a nothing story. Sky Sports asked him a stupid question about if he might fight Usyk. He gave a totally non-comittal answer. Basically fobbed it off.

"​I'm not really interested. I'm not following Usyk or someone else." And then goes on to humour the interviewer by saying he coudl move up because as a boxer you have to be ready for anything.

It's just journalistic fugazi.​​​​​​

Comment

It says 2013 in the article. Helluva proof read!

Comment

Working...
                      X