Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yarde on Stoppage to Beterbiev: My Team Care About Me; They Saw Something I Didn't See

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
    It annoys me when people are saying Yarde did better than they thought - well Yarde did exactly as well as I thought he would do. He was disappointing - he put up a great fight (as I expected him to) and then when things got tough, he gave up.

This was an early stoppage. I see no reason for throwing in the towel - other than the way Yarde looked like he didn't want to carry on after he got knocked down. It looked like he wanted out. People say AJ quit against Ruiz - but AJ looked 1000% more committed to fighting on than Yarde looked here

UK fights are annoying as hell- full of early ref stoppages and when that doesn't happen - the fighters quit themselves!

​I'm glad you said this - Yarde's defense was poor. He did nothing to evade shots or cover his head and he kept staying in the corner and getting beat on.
    This hits the nail on the head. Fights everywhere are stopped early but UK is nonsense. If u land a clean punch the ref stops it. Glowacki vs riahakpore springs to mind recently. Not sure why yardes corner threw in the towel. Anyone who thinks beterbiev was way up is dreaming. It was a a very close fight yarde up wasn’t some far fetched thought.
    Roberto Vasquez Roberto Vasquez likes this.

Comment

It wasn't an early stoppage at all, Yarde was about to get knocked out cold.

Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
      X