Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says He Regrets Speaking to Media Immediately After Benn Drug Test Leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

That’s my assessment as well. Just looks like a very blunt case is save-assing after the fact. Hearn has come apart at the seams lately. It’s just not looking on the up and up for him
    most people get up in the morning and have a coffee or two - this saddo gets up and searches for Eddie Hearn articles so he can make a snide comment

Comment

Originally posted by willieb24 View Post
      This fckr was going to continue with the fight and also try to hold it in a different jurisdiction and so there's that. Scoundrel
      it crossed his mind for sure - if I was in that situation I'd assess all the possibilities but then you weigh them up and discount them one by one

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

He's not doing as well as he was now. But posters on here don't want to acknowledge how well he was doing 2/3 years ago. What are your sources for "Matchroom may fold"? I should think Hearn would prefer to make Canelo-Bivol rematch and get some money in before making the more dangerous Beterbiev fight.

Boxing in general is in a mess imo - look at the schedule tab - dunno about you but until March 25th on the NSB 'Schedule' tab - the only fight that really whets my appetite is Beterbiev-Yarde - that's 2 and a half months of boxing and nada
        That's just speculation on my part. When I look at how Oscar swerved Ryan away from Haney, and Munguia away from Andrade, then Arum swerved Beterbiev away from Bivol, and Fury away from Joshua, it looks like Hearn is Public Enemy #1. When you can't make fights with GBP, and y'all are both on DAZN, it's looks very bleak! They were lucky to get Bivol vs. Zurdo, and Hearn didn't really want that! Not a good look!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

That's Hearn's problem in general. He can't shut up.
          MANNY67 MANNY67 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            That's just speculation on my part. When I look at how Oscar swerved Ryan away from Haney, and Munguia away from Andrade, then Arum swerved Beterbiev away from Bivol, and Fury away from Joshua, it looks like Hearn is Public Enemy #1. When you can't make fights with GBP, and y'all are both on DAZN, it's looks very bleak! They were lucky to get Bivol vs. Zurdo, and Hearn didn't really want that! Not a good look!
            there's no doubt Matchroom is seen as a threat in the USA - lets face it, they are (or were) a well funded competitor. I don't think Hearn's character is really the issue for the other promoters - that's what they say to excuse themselves not working with him - they can't say we see Matchroom as a threat to our business so we're going to work with them the absolute minimum - it's not a good look - but that's what all promoters are about - look at PBC at 147 - keep it in house wherever possible

Comment

His Dad is old school, he knows when to keep his mouth shut, Eddie on the other hand wants to be the center of attention and always in the spotlight, he thought he had the British Board under control, but Giles and Smith stuck it as far up his hole as they could!!!

Comment

Eddie really comes off like a used car salesman

Comment

there's no doubt Matchroom is seen as a threat in the USA - lets face it, they are (or were) a well funded competitor. I don't think Hearn's character is really the issue for the other promoters - that's what they say to excuse themselves not working with him - they can't say we see Matchroom as a threat to our business so we're going to work with them the absolute minimum - it's not a good look - but that's what all promoters are about - look at PBC at 147 - keep it in house wherever possible
                  All promotions would rather keep things in house, if possible. However Hearn has at least 2 promoters, Arum and Oscar, outwardly hostile toward them. I would add Ellerbe, but he doesn't have any fighters that Hearn needs to be concerned with. If MatchRoom and GBP had better relations, they could make things very good for DAZN. However they still view each other as competitors, and that's bad for Hearn! Bad enough where 2 of his top talents, Haney and Andrade, have left him because it was too hard to get fights! Without Canelo, who does he have? Joshua, Bivol, MJ, and Benn. Canelo is on a fight-by-fight basis. Not a good look!
                  Last edited by Bronx2245; 01-15-2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

most people get up in the morning and have a coffee or two - this saddo gets up and searches for Eddie Hearn articles so he can make a snide comment
                    Lol
                    What a sad life to live

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Not only did it look like he was promoting a drug cheat, his former fighter, Devin Haney, goes onto become "Undisputed" without him, and Joshua is a "Hot Mess!' Where would he be without Canelo? He's under a lot of pressure! If he can't get Bivol a fight with Beterbiev, I think MatchRoom may fold!
                      I don’t think that’s an unreasonable assessment in any form or fashion, it’s declining quickly as an influential boxing entity
                      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X