No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Stops Hector Luis Garcia After Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

I get what you are saying. I can see that. I agree with your saying being that he is the common denominator, but it's not always as black and white. When he signed with Eddie Hearn, both he and Daniel Jacobs were competing in the same weight class if I'm not mistaken. Being that Eddie was able to get Danny in some decent bouts, Boo Boo expected to get something similar or at least face Danny himself. Eddie Hearn is on record as saying he couldn't deliver for Boo Boo. I'm not sure Andrade's camp could do much better to promote him. Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I feel he should have signed that deal with Top Rank.
    Honestly , I’m a firm believer that no matter who he signed with , there would be an issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

Goes to show you just how big Tank is if a 126 pounder is bigger than him

Tank is a beast
      I agree Tank is a beast, but I believe the way he's being matched will backfire to his face when he faces the Shakurs, the Haney, the Taylors.

Garcia was not bigger than Tank, being longer does not mean you are bigger, heavier. Tank is thick as hell. Garcia was making 126 4 fights ago. Do you think Tank could still make 126?

Once again Tank made move up an opponent, and once again, as expected, and as the fantastic puncher he is, he outgunned the smaller man. I think Tank learned nothing from this fight, he had no respect for his opponent power and knew he would drop his skinny a'ss at some point.

Ryan is a better fight, but disappointing cuz it is a 136 catchweight. That's a circus at this point.
      If you guys wants to support and praise that kind of bullsht, fair enough. But don't complain about boxing being a joke and being outmatched by the UFC
      Last edited by BillyBoxing; 01-12-2023, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Honestly , I’m a firm believer that no matter who he signed with , there would be an issue
        For his divisions, yea, but Top Rank would have been able to get titles around his waist somehow, and allow him to have those fights come to him. As much as I hate Bob Arum, fact is, for a long time 75% of the titles in the sport were occupied by his fighters. Without looking it up, I'm sure more than half of them are currently occupied by his fighters. He's figure out over the years how to market his fighters as contenders/champs.

Boo Boo, when you hear him speak, doesn't come off as a fighter/boxer. He sounds like a youth pastor. He doesn't talk ****, doesn't jump out there and belittle everyone in his division. It's not his character. One thing each of these promoters have showcased is the lack of ability to market an Afro American fighter without that fighter having some sort of drama surrounding his personal life or the fighter being a clown in front of a camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

For his divisions, yea, but Top Rank would have been able to get titles around his waist somehow, and allow him to have those fights come to him. As much as I hate Bob Arum, fact is, for a long time 75% of the titles in the sport were occupied by his fighters. Without looking it up, I'm sure more than half of them are currently occupied by his fighters. He's figure out over the years how to market his fighters as contenders/champs.

Boo Boo, when you hear him speak, doesn't come off as a fighter/boxer. He sounds like a youth pastor. He doesn't talk ****, doesn't jump out there and belittle everyone in his division. It's not his character. One thing each of these promoters have showcased is the lack of ability to market an Afro American fighter without that fighter having some sort of drama surrounding his personal life or the fighter being a clown in front of a camera.
          I see where your going and maybe your right
          The only thing is he’s on his fourth promoter and seems to always be something
          Anyway , I’ll believe it when I see it with my own eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I see where your going and maybe your right
            The only thing is he’s on his fourth promoter and seems to always be something
            Anyway , I’ll believe it when I see it with my own eyes
            I'm with you on that. No argument. I hope something happens before he hangs up the gloves. Would love to see him and Charlo go at it just wants for the sake of their own history. Not interested in him nor do I expect him to ever fight Canelo, Benavidez, or Bivol.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

• Wow! Yes! Great wins for Ennis and Davis!

Comment

Working...
              X