Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The awards boxing deserves for a terrible 2022.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The awards boxing deserves for a terrible 2022.

The Antonio Margarito Award for Cheat of the Year:
    Conor Benn. Biggest fight of your career and you get caught taking PED’s and worse still you tried to cover it up and force the fight on.
    Dishonourable mention: Josh Warrington who landed more headbutts than punches this year.

The Gary Russell Jr Award for Inactivity:
    Demetrius Andrade. Could have fought Alimkhanuly in April, Zach Parker in May and Zach Parker again in November instead he fought absolutely nobody.
    Dishonourable mention: Jermall Charlo.

The Lewis-Bowe Award for Best Fight that Never Happened:
    Spence vs Crawford. Months of negotiations led to Crawford vs Avanesyan and Spence seemingly not fighting until summer 2023.
    Dishonourable Mention: Fury vs Joshua.

The Adrien Broner Award for Clown of the Year:
    Teofimo Lopez. The level of delusion from this kid is off the charts.
    Dishonourable Mention: Anthony Joshua for his post fight rant.

The Andrew Golota Award for Quit of the Year:
    Newfel Ouatah vs Simon Kean. Amazingly, he took a knee before a punch was even thrown.
    Dishonourable Mention: Zach Parker vs John Ryder.

I think as boxing fans we’ve all been through it quite a bit in 2022, so just wanted to have little fun with the absolute mess boxing has been in 2022. Feel free to add your own winners or awards. Hopefully 2023 brings us something a lot better.

Early Bird 2023 Prediction:
    Spence vs Thurman doesn't happen till August, not June. Spence only fights 1 time in 2023. The IBF and WBA will not call the immediate Ortiz and Ennis mandatories. Spence will be given a Wilder Voluntary after smashing the inactive retired flute player. Crawford will be blamed for all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
      Early Bird 2023 Prediction:
      Spence vs Thurman doesn't happen till August, not June. Spence only fights 1 time in 2023. The IBF and WBA will not call the immediate Ortiz and Ennis mandatories. Spence will be given a Wilder Voluntary after smashing the inactive retired flute player. Crawford will be blamed for all of this.
      When you look for any weak opening to push your agenda but come across as a humourless bore.

Comment

What did happen to jernall,charlo ?

Comment

Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post
          What did happen to jernall,charlo ?
          I’m not sure tbh, hasn’t fought in over 18 months now though.

Comment

I like the list. One of the boxing magazines from back in the day had a year end issue about the best fights, punches, etc and all the nonsense, bad decisions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

When you look for any weak opening to push your agenda but come across as a humourless bore.
              What agenda? If its on record, Spence Thurman at the earliest is June . We know fight dates change. You are telling me he will turn around 3 months later and fight Crawford, LOL. Man get out of here. Next, you are going to say Thurman was the real mandatory over Stanley b/c he fought 1 time in 600 days.

Comment

The Exposed Hypejob of the Year award: Zurdo Ramirez

The Fight Nobody Asked for / Wanted to see Award: tie between Fury-Chisora III and Crawfraud-Avanesyan

The Pathetic Damage Control Attempt of the Year award: Crawford​

The Fizzling Out Star Award: Lomachenko

The Duck of the Year Award: Jose Ramirez

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

What agenda? If its on record, Spence Thurman at the earliest is June . We know fight dates change. You are telling me he will turn around 3 months later and fight Crawford, LOL. Man get out of here. Next, you are going to say Thurman was the real mandatory over Stanley b/c he fought 1 time in 600 days.
                  I agree Spence should have fought Stanionis first, not least because I want these WBA 'regular' belts gone. But OP clearly meant for this to be a fun thread and you came in with another serious Crawford - Spence post. The fight probably isn't going to happen, are you going to let it ruin your life?

Comment

Award worthy thread from a class poster!

Nice work RJJ-94-02=GOAT!
                    RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X