Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis Putting in Work For Hector Luis Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post

I have never seen him fight. Who is his coach?
    Bob Santos. Some are calling him trainer of the year if he didn't officially get it by a formidable publicizer.

Of course H. Garcias claim to fame was his win over Lil BHop but he's got dog in him. He's an agressive counter puncher with a good reach. He's been down though so I wouldn't bet the mortgage on him lol But if he can win rds early and take Tanks punch, he can definitely do better than Barrios and Pitbull and get a decision.
    Ganondorf Ganondorf likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Bob Santos. Some are calling him trainer of the year if he didn't officially get it by a formidable publicizer.

Of course H. Garcias claim to fame was his win over Lil BHop but he's got dog in him. He's an agressive counter puncher with a good reach. He's been down though so I wouldn't bet the mortgage on him lol But if he can win rds early and take Tanks punch, he can definitely do better than Barrios and Pitbull and get a decision.
      Really? You're about lose that poster money homeboy lol.

He's not a slow plodder but his punch speed and combinations are pretty slow and will easily be countered like he was by Avelar,let alone by someone as fast/explosive as Tank. Hector has good reach but is just too aggressive in those exchanges all the while keeping his gaurd low,chin high with little to non existent head movement. That coupled with Tanks pop,I just think it's s horrible matchup for Hector.

Seriously doubt this goes past 4-5rds let alone be as competitive as Isaac or Barrios both whom have far better defense and power than Hector. In my opinion it plays out a little similar to Tanks fight with Leo but without the success Leo had countering Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Really? You're about lose that poster money homeboy lol.

He's not a slow plodder but his punch speed and combinations are pretty slow and will easily be countered like he was by Avelar,let alone by someone as fast/explosive as Tank. Hector has good reach but is just too aggressive in those exchanges all the while keeping his gaurd low,chin high with little to non existent head movement. That coupled with Tanks pop,I just think it's s horrible matchup for Hector.

Seriously doubt this goes past 4-5rds let alone be as competitive as Isaac or Barrios both whom have far better defense and power than Hector. In my opinion it plays out a little similar to Tanks fight with Leo but without the success Leo had countering Tank.
        No doubt that smart money is on Tank by KO. And I do see what you mean about Garcia being vulnerable to Tanks power. The only difference I see with Santa Cruz, Barrios, and Hector is 1 can fight going back, the other 2 cannot.

And surprisingly I just seen Garcia reach isn't that long at all. He looks a lot lankier than I assumed. I thought he was 1 of the 5'8" fighters with a 71" reach

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

No doubt that smart money is on Tank by KO. And I do see what you mean about Garcia being vulnerable to Tanks power. The only difference I see with Santa Cruz, Barrios, and Hector is 1 can fight going back, the other 2 cannot.

And surprisingly I just seen Garcia reach isn't that long at all. He looks a lot lankier than I assumed. I thought he was 1 of the 5'8" fighters with a 71" reach
          His reach is about on par with his size but really doesn't matter here anyways since he doesn't utilize his jab to set up his offense much. Against Colbert, he mainly just poked a half assed one to Colberts body. Another opening he"ll be giving Tank since at times he needlessly overextended himself trying to land it.
          Last edited by Sctrojan; 12-23-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X