Is Freddie Roach Right? "Floyd Needs Pacquiao, We don't Need Him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
    floyd has teh richer fans
    Yet barley 10% of the Boxing crowd ever show up during fight night who supports Mayweather....

Either that or HBO is racist, and avoids to put them in camera.

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
      well one thing floyd came back is to get a big payday against pac so we know floyd does pac. Pac on the other hand was going to get a mega fight with mosley or cotto so he doesn't need floyd. Floyd will bring in the most moneys but pac was ok before floyd ever came back. If they do fight i belive it should be 50/50. If pac say i want more, more power to pac because i know he can always make 10+ millions against mosley or margarito. Floyd will pretty much be stuck because he probably won't get in the ring with all the true welters.

++1................

Comment

No doubt that Floyd has the bigger PPV numbers but he wasn't the draw in his two biggest PPVs (De La Hoya & Hatton) and it seems that Marquez is who brought the fans in, even though many of those could've just of been going for Marquez to spite Floyd. Manny has more than an entire nation behind him and I know so many Filipinos that can't name any other fighter but Manny Pacquiao and they watch everything he does. Floyd has fans, but they are a non-descript group while they are undoubtedly passionate about their man as they should be, it seems they create more detractors for Floyd than he does. I have watched 3 PPVs with Mayweather in them, and rooting for the other guy in all 3 because I genuinely liked them more (I am a HUGE Marquez fan and my feelings on Floyd had nothing to do with who I was going to root for), but in all 3 I never once thought that Hatton, Oscar, or JMM would win. I have only seen 1 with Manny and I wasn't rooting for him either. I believe Manny deserves the bigger share of the pie based on his larger draw in my opinion, but that's just me.

Comment

50-50 would be fine.

Comment

40-40 with 20 to the winner,

a real prize fight.

Comment

People would pay to watch Pac KO a nobody.

Not too many people would pay to watch Floyd UD a nobody.

But i think many people pay to hopefully see Floyd be beaten.

Floyd being American also helps his PPV numbers.

Comment

If floyd dont need Pac then tell me who his gonna fight??? Mosley, clottey, cotto Yeah Right.. Floyd dont want none of those WW's..

Comment

Floyd is waiting for Chris John to announce his challenge

Comment

Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
                    Freddie Roach recently said that it's Manny who puts the asses in the seats. Who deserves to have the bigger slice of the purse?
                    this is way premature... I don't even know if pac gets past cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
                      floyd has teh richer fans
                      Spot on.
                      Anyone can fill an arena but how much will people have paid?
                      People pay more yo see Floyd fighting

Comment

Working...
                      X