No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Larios was MUCH worse than Mayweather/Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

Mayweather's fight was a tuneup fought in the United States, and sold on PPV.

Lifestyle flashy!
    Pac vs Larios was on PPV too, Top Rank PPV. I'm just saying Mayweather-Marquez was sold as the return of the king facing a Mexican hero on Mexican independence day. It wasn't sold as a tune-up to the public, even though that's exactly what the fight turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Look at Pacquiao's size comparison to Agapito Sanchez. People question why Sanchez faught dirty? I would have too!
      Yes, that is true. I think in all honesty most people forget that Pac was a monster at all of those lower weights. Anything below 130 or so he was huge. Often way taller, way more solid, way more reach etc etc. It's interesting that it never gets talked about though.

Pac is a solid 140 pounder for f.ucks sake! Can you imagine having to have faced him at 130, 126, 112?

Check out his fight with Sasakul. Now that is a Paul Williams size difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        that was what most observers at that time was saying, larios was draining himself at 122 and 130 was closer to his natural weight ...

i think the let down of Floyd-JMM was it was sold as a Real fight (Numero Uno) not as tune-up or the "comeback fight of floyd" better title should have been return of the king or something ...
        That's just promotion, greedy dudes who want to get paid. We all knew it was a tune-up, but if they marketed it like that it wouldn't have received any attention. Look at Oscar-Forbes, it was on regular HBO. This had a 24/7 and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
          Anyone have the fight night weights. Should tell the story
          go look for it , der der.

i know they both weighed in at 130 or under though.

manny didn't weigh in 4 lbs. over.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Yes, that is true. I think in all honesty most people forget that Pac was a monster at all of those lower weights. Anything below 130 or so he was huge. Often way taller, way more solid, way more reach etc etc. It's interesting that it never gets talked about though.

Pac is a solid 140 pounder for f.ucks sake! Can you imagine having to have faced him at 130, 126, 112?

Check out his fight with Sasakul. Now that is a Paul Williams size difference.
            pacquiao was huge at 112.

at 122 , 126 , 130 he's about the same size as everyone else when he was there.

he's kind of small for 135 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
              Why has no one talked about this?

Pac made Larios move up two weight clases (from 122 to 130) RIGHT AFTER HE WAS KO'D IN 3 ROUNDS BY IZZY VAZQUEZ! Not only that, Pac couldn't even KO him! He won a decision against a guy who had been KO'd in 3 rounds 2 weight classes below in his last fight!

Why does Floyd get **** for not KOing Marquez? Marquez has NEVER been KO'd, Floyd was coming off a 2-year layoff, and he is a a BOXER, not a PUNCHER like Pac. Oh, did I mention JMM was ranked #2 p4p?

Do you people (especially *******s) really think what Floyd/JMM even begins to compare with the Pac/Larios situation?
              cotto vs jennings was much worse...

a P4P stalwart & 1 of the top welterweights feasting on an unheard of bum...

damn, larios was one of the best 122 pound fighters in recent years...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                Gracias

You know now that you mention all the stuff that may prevent Pacquiao vs Mayweather it almost seems like that real "Dream Match". All we can do is hope Arum and Haymon come to terms.

It would be a shame if it doesn't happen.
                arum doesn't want to deal with haymon.

now floyd is under gbp banner which means gbp gets a 50-50 of pacquiao's purse because of when tr and gbp settled their lawsuit.

i don't know if this fight can get made.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  cotto vs jennings was much worse...

a P4P stalwart & 1 of the top welterweights feasting on an unheard of bum...

damn, larios was one of the best 122 pound fighters in recent years...
                  Cotto was coming off his first loss, a brutal KO. He needed a stay-active fight and confidence builder, that's normal. Jennings was also a WW, so it was OK. He did what he had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                    cause its Pac.
                    Also keep in mind the styles of the fighters. Its not like Floyd is a brawler or slugger who clinches and relys on his power to defeat his opponents.
                    He is a skill fighter.
                    You have a funny outlook on skill!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                      pacquiao was huge at 112.

at 122 , 126 , 130 he's about the same size as everyone else when he was there.

he's kind of small for 135 and up.
                      imho pac was tall and skinny at 112 not really huge ...

and i agree @122, 126, 130 its give & take ...

Comment

Working...
                      X