Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JLC was the only boxer I've seen come close to beating PBF. What did he do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxHustla View Post
    He did what u gotta do vs Floyd to beat him...Get ur punches off 1st in bunches..cut the ring and stay on top of him..dont let him pick his shots...dont let floyd go 1st..u gotta pressure him with accurate shots to make him run back like he does..then cut him off and either throw again..or clintch...take away his pot shots..
    Yep, I think the way to beat Floyd is not give him time to think, like you said, don't let him pick his shots. Obviously you'd need to be very fast, relentless and have some pop, too. Floyd won't be beaten easily by anyone, even Pacquiao or Williams, although I think they stand the best chance due to work rate, stance, and in Paul's case, size.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
      Like the title says. I'm gonna go watch it again, but last time I did I remember JLC being the only boxer to ever bring out the best of PBF the scheduling of a 2nd fight makes it evident.
      Fought Floyd with an injured rotator cuff...

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
        Not the look on his face, I was more talking about how he just generally didn't seem to know WTF he wanted to do after round 4. He would routinely just slide back into the ropes, and let Castillo bang him up.
        Yeah man, understood. He did seem confused at times, but carrying an injury like that is definitely gonna affect your performance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

JLC didnt waste too many punches either. He threw good combinations that partially nullified counter shots and displayed good head movement when he had Floyd against the ropes.

Comment

Floyd learnt how to deal with that kind of stuff though thanks to Castillo imo, well he was certainly improved on the inside vs Hatton.. actually getting the better of the inside exchanges.

Said it before tho i dont think anyone around atm takes a 12 round win vs Floyd unless he is injured, can't really see anyone knocking him out either..

Comment

zab judah gave him some problems too

zab judah gave floyd something to think about for about 4 or 5 rounds in my opinion but then we all remeber what happened next
              Last edited by piano man; 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dontCry View Post
                zab judah gave floyd something to think about for about 4 or 5 rounds in my opinion but then we all remeber what happened
                All good analytical views of how he (JLC) did it, so tell me again...How is Pac going to beat him? Or why he even stands a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Could have gone either way and Mayweather was injured.
                  I seen it the same way. Have you seen the part where Castilleo what hitting Floyd's back kinda weird and dirty fighter.

Anyway I it evident that Floyd had injuried his hand because he was turning southpaw and using the jab hook thing. It was not his usal style.

There is other boxer who where close on beating Floyd. One is Corrales in one of the rounds where he was really active he was winning the fight. It was the only round he won.

The other fight was Jesus Chavez. He was very active but he was taking alot of punishment. He was winning in points some time but not doing the damage and Floyd was hitting him alot of clean shots with counters,.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
                    All good analytical views of how he (JLC) did it, so tell me again...How is Pac going to beat him? Or why he even stands a chance?
                    He has very good hand speed and very good workrate that seems to be effective against Floyd.

But also Floyd could adapt himself during the fight.

I think Pac fight will be more competitve for Floyd then JMM or even Cotto and Mosely

Comment

castillo was able to get inside because of mayweather weak left shoulder and resulted in him unable to jab castillo effectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X