Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: When Ryder Fight Fell Through, I Thought That Was Going To Be It For The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munguia vs. Chris Eubank should be made asap. Eliminate one of them

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
      Mungia fights are always exciting and entertaining.. the guy gas superstar potential for sure
      Everyone has potential in boxing.

Comment

At least he's staying active which is something that can't be said about a lot of top fighters today. I do want to see Munguia step up the comp level but I'm also glad he's staying active. He's young at 26. I hope 2023 is the year we start seeing him face a worthy opponent.

Comment

La división de peso mediano apesta, este tipo está listo para una pelea que salió mal. Necesita subir a 168 o luchar por el título mundial. GGG no va a pelear contigo y es una broma que GGG sea campeón mundial de peso mediano. Esa pelea probablemente 50-50 en papel para Mungia contra GGG pero no estoy interesado en peleas de este tipo. El peso mediano ha sido basura durante años y nadie quiere pelear entre sí. Todos estos tipos esperando a Saul Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
            I honestly don't see how you guys make excuses for this dude. I wasn't the biggest fan but I love seeing prospects with potential succeed to see what they're made of. Nowadays, you get guys like Zurdo, Munguia, Tank, R.Garcia, who has drawing power but won't fight threat. Fans let it slide by playing promoter "no one is calling him out or making him an offer". That's crazy to me. We know damn well the promoters will make every excuse in the book to match make for a stylistic clash for their bread winners. I'm. Not just calling those guys out that I mentioned above but they're well known off the top of my head.

You cannot tell me the guys at 160 who have all been waiting out a Nelo payday wouldn't fight Munguia for what he brings in with fans. Problem is, Munguia is waiting a payday too. I don't want to hear about age, one you get the/a belt you have to fight someone you'd think.

Zurdo avoided the world and didn't call out Bivol for real until the Nelo fight was simmering. Then proceeded to look 2 levels below Bivol.

This goes for everyone, all races so please don't take this as me throwing shade at my brown brothers.

Tank and Garcia have done the same abd will fight each other because it's worth it to their promoters now. I don't call them Buna or anything but I just can't take them serious if they're unwilling to prove it in the ring.

That's my first vent in a month on here.

Can I get a few reminders of other fighters that fit this horrible trend we're in. Fighters who are either big draws or has a belt but has a thin record when it comes to top 5 opponents in or around their division.

I'll throw 160Charlo and GGG (only fought Nelo) in their but not Benevidez who seems to at least tries to get the fights. No Andrade as he isn't a draw and the exact type of opponent that these guys avoid (talented but "boring" or doesn't sell well)
            Fans even run with that same excuse and blames him for not Fighting non draws that are ranked lower. I love boxers/movers but he's boring to me. I'd still love to see him vs a Charlo, GGG, or Munguia though.
            I hear you bro but I'll give the 160 division a slight break because they have been caught up in politics since the arrival of Dazn. All the top MWs went to Dazn except Jermall and he got froze out. But within Dazn there was the rivalry between MR and GBP. There was also the fact that they gave 3G complete control over his own schedule. So they had Jacobs, Mungia, Andrade, 3G, Canelo and some more and we only got two fights out of it which was Canelo vs Jacobs and 3G. We couldn't even get any of those guys to fight Ammo Williams (haha). If there was never any Dazn all those fights would have already happened on Showtime. Smh

Comment

But what is amazing that is this were Jermall announcing a fight between him and Gonzalo Gaston there would be 10,986 post on here dismissing this fight as a joke. But we really know who the fuqing joke is right (grab a mirror)

Comment

Munguia should fight Janibek. We would know who is the lesser bum

Comment

"Munguia should fight Janibek. We would know who is the lesser bum"...

we already know who the lesser bum is, it's Charlo... who keeps fighting bums then hasn't fought in almost 2 years

Comment

Working...
                  X