Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lomachenko vs Haney look sort of like Lomachenko-Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Lomachenko vs Haney look sort of like Lomachenko-Rigondeaux?

Rigondeaux was old, clearly much smaller and was basically in with a bigger version of himself.

I don’t think Haney has the power to stop Lomachenko like Loma was able to stop Rigo, but I think Haney will be too big for the older, smaller Loma.

What do you think about these two match ups? Will they compare to eachother in some ways?

How many divisions apart were Rigo and Loma before they fought? 2? I don't think it's the same.

Comment

Loma-Rigo naw, I'll say it'll be closer to Brook-Porter. It's going to be a very ugly, possibly boring clinch fest with Haney doing all the holding.

Comment

Rigodeax wasn't old until the fight was made though. He was the boogeyman that Loma was gonna duck.

This is different. Loma is old, ring rust and oh yeah a country being invaded lol Haney is the favorite and rightfully so. Would be big upset (in my opinion) if Loma pulls it off

Comment

I don't see any way Loma-Haney won't be a snoozefest, all night long, with Loma losing in the end. Bad style matchup.

I'd rather see Davis-Loma in a fight to clear the stench of Loma fans over the years. I don't acknowledge or follow belts. So I can't overrate Haney based on belts, belts he had beat for someone I've always considered a bum. No doubt Gervonta would smoke Loma at any point in their careers.

Loma is not old at 34 now, he's a live body, and he's definitely not undersized. Maybe Arum can make this fight, instead, and not the Haney-Loma fight.

Zero appetite for Haney-Loma here.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 11-03-2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit rusty on my up to date boxing knowledge. Maybe comparable to the likes of Loma the other night it sounds like..
            IMO Loma is a very, very crafty south paw. He's not the easiest to control but if his legs are gone then it's a wrap. Haney by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              I'm a bit rusty on my up to date boxing knowledge. Maybe comparable to the likes of Loma the other night it sounds like..
              IMO Loma is a very, very crafty south paw. He's not the easiest to control but if his legs are gone then it's a wrap. Haney by UD.
              You can say that again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                How many divisions apart were Rigo and Loma before they fought? 2? I don't think it's the same.
                118 to 130. How many? 4?
                Rigo returned to 118 not long after that.

Comment

Loma and Haney are at the same weight. You make it, you are it. Loma isn't at 135 to do others favors, he's comfortable there, and can't make 130 at all.
                  786 786 likes this.

Comment

They both can make 135 ibs, so they are in the same weight class. As for the fight itself, haney is not going to let loma do his thing. He is too sharp for that. Loma hasn't been looking good in a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X