Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol Anticipates 'Amazing Fight' With Ramirez, Expects Good Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol Anticipates 'Amazing Fight' With Ramirez, Expects Good Challenge

By Tris Dixon - It sounds like a regular line, almost a throwaway, but it's not. When light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol says, "Boxing is not only about hitting, it's about defence, too," he means it, and our conversation takes an immediate turn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Refreshingly intelligent
    Motofan Motofan Megaman99 Megaman99 like this.

Comment

Good luck to both these dudes! Should be a good one
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I like Bivol's humility and being family oriented. I picked him over Canelo. Fighting Ramirez is indeed a test for Bivol to pass.

Comment

May the best man win! I’m exited to see this fight! Ramires will enjoy a size and weight advantage but not so much that it tips the fight in his favor. Skills pay the bills, and I see Bivol has the better skills, Ramirez needs to make it an ugly toe to toe fight and stop dimitry to win because I can’t see Zurdo out boxing dimitry

Comment

A humble, classy fighter, and a champion in Bivol. It could be a good fight, or perhaps better than good.

True what he says, the brawlers and those action packed fighters are exciting to watch, but it's not really a healthy good way for them.

Boxing, you don't play it. The dangers are so real, and the after effects are not good with many. Besides the tragic fatalities, one thinks of the beyond severe injuries suffered by McClellan and Michael Watson.

And less severe but some bad effects one can see on Meldrick Taylor and Terry Norris, and those were two of the best on pound for pound lists.

So I try not to forget the dangers and always remember to respect these warriors.

Comment

Ramirez looks like a heavyweight.

Comment

Ramirez is a heavyweight squeezing down to light heavy, hope he gets his ass beat. Cant stand these weight bullies always looking for an unfair advantage.
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Zurdo is not only taller and wider. He's also noticeably thicker.

insane they are fighting at the same weight.

Comment

Bivol will break down the bigger Zurdo with skills and movement. I can't even see Ramirez having a puncher's chance, because he doesn't have one punch power, he's more of a volume guy that gets KOs from an accumulation of punishment. Bivol won't allow that because he possesses some of the most technically talented defensive skills in boxing, especially in his weight class. If Zurdo becomes too aggressive because he's down on the cards, Dmitry will pick him apart with the jab and counters, and the shrunken, weight drained Heavyweight will gas, leaving himself open to getting slumped.

Comment

Working...
                    X