Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better Fighter and Who will have the better career? Ennis or Shakur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the better Fighter and Who will have the better career? Ennis or Shakur

Ennis is the perfect combination of Power, Athleticism, and elite skill. The best comparisons I can think of are a combination of traits from Roy Jones, Marc Too Sharp, and Ray Robinson.

Shakur is a beautiful boxer. He has elite footwork,m counter-punching, timing, and a mean streak. He reminds me a lot of Floyd Mayweather (minus the athleticism but he seems to be a slightly better counter-puncher and defender, whereas Floyd was better at fighting at all ranges.)

Shakur appears to have a lot of competition: Haney, Davis, Ryan, Frank, Chris Colbert, and Loma. Ennis has Crawford, Thurman, Spence, Charlo, Tszyu, Monreal, Castano, and many others. If I had to bet my money, I think Ennis will go down as the better fighter but Shakur will go down as the greater fighter, due to having better options in opponents. Thoughts?
    Ghost Jab Ghost Jab likes this.

We haven't seen enough of Boots to know. He needs to start fighting better competition. It's impossible to answer right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
      We haven't seen enough of Boots to know. He needs to start fighting better competition. It's impossible to answer right now.
      The same can be said for Crawford and Spence but people, on this board, have consistently compared both to all-time greats.
      Smash Smash Regge Regge like this.

Comment

IF boots lives up to his hype, i think he'll be considered a greater fighter, but shakur is the more skilled boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
          IF boots lives up to his hype, i think he'll be considered a greater fighter, but shakur is the more skilled boxer.
          "More Skilled?" I don't know. Ennis can fight from all ranges, has the better jab, the second-best switch-hitter outside of Hagler, and he isn't as careless IMO.

Comment

Depends on who keeps on winning against big-name opponents; Ennis can go higher because of his KOs if he keeps winning that way, that alone carries a lot of weight with fans.

Comment

I find it hilarious that you said Stevenson has better defence than Mayweather. Was that a joke? Floyd is one of the best defensive fighters ever. Stevenson isn’t even in the same galaxy. Floyd at 130 would have annihilated Stevenson. This forum man smh. And Ennis is clearly the better talent.

Comment

Still can’t believe the TS said Stevenson had better defence than Mayweather. Man this place is a joke now. Yeah and Jose Ramirez is a better version of Roberto Duran. Smh.
                Last edited by FaustoGeraci; 09-24-2022, 01:49 AM.
                HENNY HENNY likes this.

Comment

Would like Ennis to be tested first before making an assessment, his biggest win is a small light welterweight at the moment, obviously he has the ability and skillset to become a Champion at multiple weight classes. But when you have a resume of 30 fights and people are comparing it to Conor Benn it is not a good look.

Butaev, Rashidi Ellis, Cody Crowley, Stanionis and Ugas when they work under the same network. All beatable but impressive names.

There is also the fact that PBC/Showtime have the most stacked 154 fighters so he could go even beyond at catchweight fighting Erickson Lubin and Tony Harrison.
                  real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Ennis is the perfect combination of Power, Athleticism, and elite skill. The best comparisons I can think of are a combination of traits from Roy Jones, Marc Too Sharp, and Ray Robinson.

Shakur is a beautiful boxer. He has elite footwork,m counter-punching, timing, and a mean streak. He reminds me a lot of Floyd Mayweather (minus the athleticism but he seems to be a slightly better counter-puncher and defender, whereas Floyd was better at fighting at all ranges.)

Shakur appears to have a lot of competition: Haney, Davis, Ryan, Frank, Chris Colbert, and Loma. Ennis has Crawford, Thurman, Spence, Charlo, Tszyu, Monreal, Castano, and many others. If I had to bet my money, I think Ennis will go down as the better fighter but Shakur will go down as the greater fighter, due to having better options in opponents. Thoughts?
                    Talent wise their both damn good but as they start aging and going up in weight. We have to see. Ennis is also untested with ELITE opposition.

Comment

Working...
                    X